37. Why is he here?

Isha

I was in my office when I got a call from Dadi sa. She asked me to buy some jewelry for bua dadi sa. She said she wanted to gift something for bua dadi sa. I wrapped up my work and drove off to the mall. The security followed me. It was only 4 people as I tricked, okay requested Nav to reduce it on that day and he never increased it after that.

We reached the mall by lunchtime and I was in a hurry as I had to go back to the company as soon as possible to attend the meeting in the afternoon. I left the car for valet parking and walked in taking my clutch which had my cards. 

"Good morning ma'am!" A lady wished me with a bright smile and I nodded smiling back. I went in and these bodybuilders stood behind me scanning the place. I asked them to sit but they refused as usual saying they are on duty. 

I looked at a few designs and was looking through at myself wearing a beautiful diamond set in the mirror when my eyes fell on someone. My hands started sweating and the necklace dropped from my hands. I looked around and couldn't find the guards. I tried to search for my phone but it was not there. My breath started becoming uneven and the memories started flooding into my mind.

Is he real?

What is he doing here?

Why is he here?

He is here to take me away and I am alone again!

Nav! Where are you? 

Bhai?

Papa?

Someone please come and save me! 

I don't want to be caged in a dark room again. 

I closed my ears as thunder sound echoed in my ears. No, it can't be happening. He can't be here. My thoughts were full of him when a lady stood in front of me accusing me of something. She was yelling at me. 

Just the way she did! 

Will she also beat me with a whip? 

It will be painful! No!

Nav, Bhai, please save me!

I saw her raising her hand to slap me when a known smell filled my nostrils. He is here. My Nav is here. He held the hand raised against me and pulled me into a side hug. At that moment I was breathing again. I clutched his shirt tightly not wanting to leave him. He felt like my oxygen which I needed desperately. 

"What the hell is going on here? Dharam!" He roared and I flinched a little at his tone and snuggled closer to him. His heartbeats are fast yet comforting me. I felt safe in his arms.

"Why the hell is this woman so close to my wife? Where were you?" He yelled at Dharam. I did not dare to lift my eyes and look at anyone. I just stood there clutching him.

"Sir, we were fighting the attackers who were about to strike on ma'am and we finished them off just now," Dharam replied. What? Was he really here to attack me? Was he planning to take me away from my family? My Nav? I snuggled closer to him and a sob escaped my mouth. Nav wrapped his both hands around me and rubbed my back in a soothing manner.

"Shh, princess. I am here. Your Nav is here." He said cooing me ruffling my hair and I clutched him tightly. His words held an underlying promise: A promise to protect me, a promise to never let any harm reach me.

"How dare you raise a hand on my wife?" He yelled and I could hear protectiveness and anger dripping in his tone. His hold on my waist tightened.

"She...she tried to steal one of our jewelry sets. That ma'am complained about it," She replied. I did not lift my gaze to look at whoever did this to me. I was not in a state to do so and I know my husband will handle it for me. So, I just stood there with my cheek pressed to his chest and my eyes shut close.

"What the bloody hell? She is the COO of Raizadha Corp. She is the wife of Abhinav Singh Rathore and sister of Ishaan Singh Raizadha. Why the hell does she needs to steal something when she can buy this goddamn mall at a snap of her fingers? Don't you dare lie!" He chose to introduce me by my identity before introducing me as his wife and Bhais' sister. The way he proudly introduced me made my heart flutter even in a situation like this. His voice turned dangerous when he warned the woman not to lie.

"Sorry sir. That ma'am said she will get me a promotion if I humiliate ma'am. That's why..." and she trailed off after that. Who is that ma'am who wants to humiliate me? Is it Mahima?

"I want her to be fired right now if you don't want to shut down your business!" He warned someone. Maybe a manager or some higher authority. And I don't feel the need to stop him as what he was doing is absolutely right. Trying to defame someone for promotion is very unprofessional and unethical. And she deserves to be fired.

"I have left you every time thinking you were immature. But not anymore. You will be backlisted from all the modeling projects from now and the next time I see you near my wife you will not be able to breathe the next minute" He seethed in a dangerous tone. I can feel him shaking in anger. I rubbed his hand with my thumb trying to calm him down. 

"Well look the unwanted trash is defending his wife!" I heard Manjiris' voice. How dare she call my Man unwanted trash? I was about to turn around to give her a piece of my mind but Nav pressed me more to himself and replied.

"Leave before I forget my morals of not hitting a woman!" His voice was laced with a warning tone. But I am damn sure that this bitch of a mother-in-law of mine is not going to leave my Nav alone.

"I will. But will she survive till your coronation?" She gritted out. Why doesn't this woman get a life? Why is she hell-bent on torturing our family?

"Don't you dare target my wife?" Nav warned. I can feel anger bubbling up in him. God! I will just kill this woman.

"Let's see. If you can protect your wife till your coronation then I will never mess with you both. But will you be able to protect her?" Is this oldie trying to die or what? Why is she making my Nav angry? And what kind of joke is this? He will obviously protect me. Wait, when did I start feeling normal? Navs' embrace indeed makes me feel better and secure.

"I will protect her with my life!" With that being said Nav held my hand and walked out with his and my security following behind. His security included more people than mine. 6 guards will always be around him and 15 guards will follow him everywhere like right now they are spread in the corridors. His office and our home are also highly secured. The only reason for me having lesser security is my request but now, I am damn sure that this husband of mine is going to keep a whole battalion of people as my security.

He made me sit in his car and engulfed me in a tight hug. I know it was not easy for him to face his mother. I know he developed many insecurities because of her. But today, he took a stand for me. 

He promised me that he would stand up for me when I could not and today he did that. He stood up for me against his mother, whom he feared to face due to his insecurities but stood still for me. 

I have always loved him and today I fell for him a little more, a little deeper than I already was.