x.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

maddie was lucky she wasn't afraid of heights. very lucky.

after their quick and chaotic getaway, involving a burrito fight and some statues coming to life, maddie found herself flying over a snowy mountain range while being held by a giant flying statue. a bemused percy and a terrified thalia sat next to her.

"tell me when it's over," thalia said, her eyes squeezed shut.

"everything's fine," percy promised, looking like he was struggling not to laugh.

"are . . . are we very high?" 

maddie glanced down at the mountains below them. next to her, percy kicked some snow dusted on top of one of the peaks. 

"nah. not that high."

"we are in the sierras.'" zoe yelled. she and grover were hanging from the arms of the other statue. "i have hunted here before. at this speed, we should be in san francisco in a few hours."

maddie's head itched. she reached back, and took out the clip that aphrodite had placed in her hair, that had somehow survived the attack from talos, and the escape from the dam. she took the time to study it closely. 

it was a golden clasp, curved in a semicircle, with lines going down the middle, forming a seashell shape. the outer line was studded with pearls, that shined brightly in the light. it was very pretty, maddie had to admit. she pocketed it safely in her coat.

a few hours. that sounded good. enough time for maddie to rest her eyes, however tricky it may be in the situation she currently found herself in. her weariness had grown stronger throughout the time spent in the hoover dam, and now she was finding it hard to keep her eyes fully open.

just as her eyes started to droop, and she began to enter the state of unconsciousness—

"hey, hey, frisco! yo, chuck! we could visit those guys at the mechanics monument again! they know how to party!"

maddie scowled irritably. 

"oh, man," the other angel said. "i am so there!" 

"you guys gave visited san francisco?"

a tapping on maddie's shoulder drew her attention over to thalia. the girl still had her eyes closed, but was hitting maddie's arm repeatedly, obviously trying to tell her something.

"what, thalia?"

the girl opened her hand, and laying in her palm were two ear plugs. maddie took them with a grin. 

"i love you, sparky."

shoving the buds into her ears, and sighing with relief at the peaceful silence that now overtook her thoughts, maddie closed her eyes and began to drift off again, no yelling angels to stop her this time.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

in her dream, she lived in the clouds. 

surrounding her was a vision of white. tall concrete pillars lined themselves in a circle where she stood, elevating her on the podium she stood on. around her, the clouds painted the landscape in a infinite hue of white and grey.