xiv.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ever since watching '10 things i hate about you' two years ago, maddie had dreamed of going to one of those big frat parties. however, that dream was soon discarded when she went to her first ever olympus party. no mediocre college party could live up to that of a party in the clouds.

the nine muses took it on themselves to direct the music; and maddie soon realized that it was altered to fit the specific person's music taste. the gods probably heard classical stuff, but for the younger demigods, their ears were filled with the songs popular on the radio. 

dionysus surprised her by taking charge of the refreshments, making them grow out of the ground as he walked around, arm-in-arm of a beautiful woman who could only be ariadne. maddie was desperate to go up and talk to her, to ask her about her story, but she was almost positive that dionysus would immediately turn her into a dolphin.

nectar and ambrosia overflowed from golden fountains, and platters of mortal snack food crowded the banquet tables. different gods kept coming over to maddie, to congratulate her on her successful quest; so far she had talked to hygieia, iris, despoina and even nike, whom she had to admit, scared her a little. 

maddie had just escaped a conversation with percy and hermes. percy looked like he was holding the new about luke at the tip of his tongue, so at the first opportunity she slipped away, making up an excuse about 'hearing thalia calling her.'

as of now, she hid in a corner, lemonade in hand, watching everyone dance and chat. she took a deep breath, wishing she had time powers, just so she could freeze herself in this moment for a while—

"maddie!" 

the bright feminine voice that maddie knew all too well made her wince slightly. plastering on the nicest smile she could manage, she turned to face the beaming goddess of love.

"lady aphrodite . . . hi."

aphrodite clasped her hands on maddie's shoulders, halting any of the girl's plans of escaping to the gardens. "oh, you did excellent, my dear, just like i knew you would!"

"thanks." maddie swallowed.

aphrodite touched the grey streak in her hair, her smile dimming slightly. "hm, this is not doing well with your outfit . . . let's see what i can do."

"oh, no . . . that's really okay, you don't have to—"

but aphrodite had already waved her hand, and in a short gust of wind, maddie felt her clothes shift. looking down, she saw that she now donned a long, flowy purple skirt decorated with flowers, matching with a lilac cropped t-shirt that was layered under a black lace vest top.

despite the embarrassment, maddie had to admit that the outfit was quite lovely. she couldn't help but let her cheeks tinge pink and she looked back up at aphrodite, smiling slightly. "thank you, aphrodite."

the goddess touched maddie's cheek gently. "oh . . . and that reunion with annabeth . . . i wanted to cry! you two are so sweet!"

maddie was pretty sure her face was a beetroot red by now. "oh, uhm . . ."

but aphrodite seemed to be off in a world of her own. "i am just so excited! i mean, i haven't seen a couple with this much potential since odysseus and penelope!"