012, Midnight Swims.

Imala sighed as she laid on her side

Her arm was tucked beneath her cheek, watching the sky sparkle and the water glisten under the moonlight.

She smiled to herself, allowing herself to take in Awa'atlu's beauty during the night as she tried to ignore her mischievous feeling of going for a midnight swim.

But how long can she ignore it? Standing to her feet, Imala threw the rest of her shared blanket over Tuk's body before continuing to climb over the Sully's, being careful not to stand on any of their bodies.

"Where ya going, Mala?" Jake's husky voice made the girl jump, the back of her ankle kicking Neteyam's hand which woke up.

Imala stood awkwardly as Jake sat up, staring directly at the girl. She rubbed her neck before clearing her throat quietly, "I was going to get some air. It's, um, it's cramped in here."

Jake rolled her eyes — he wasn't stupid. He could tell when Imala was lying.

"Neteyam, you up?" Jake questioned his eldest, watching as Neteyam groggily nodded his head and also sat up. "Yeah, I'm up," He responded before taking in Imala's stance, seeing how close the girl was, he had a great opportunity to rake his eyes across her appearance before smiling to himself. "Go with her," Jake said before laying down again.

Imala silently cheered. She loved Jake having a soft spot for her.

She slowly walked from the marui, Neteyam following behind because of the orders from Jake.

Digging her feet into the sand, Imala felt the shore of the waves wash over her skin which made her shiver from the sudden coolness. Her hands leaned down, circling the water with her fingertips before looking at Neteyam who stood watching from afar.

"Water was never like this at home," Imala smiled before finding a close rock, seating herself atop of it.

Neteyam sighed, "That's because it was a forest. This is the ocean."

Imala narrowed her eyes at him, acting as if Neteyam took her for a skxawng.

The peacefulness surrounded them. Whilst the sound of crashing waves filled Imala's ears, she felt Neteyam stand close behind her. His arms crossed his chest as he tried to find heat from the breeze that drifted around. "You want to go swim?" Imala suddenly asked, causing Neteyam to snap his head down at her and meet those amber eyes he loved so much.

How could he say no?

Imala jumped from the rock, taking Neteyam's hand and dragging him into the freezing water.

They both gasped at the temperature, Imala's fingers tightening on Neteyam's grip. "I wasn't expecting this," She told him, slightly shivering as they both inched deeper.

"What were you expecting?" Neteyam chuckled before the water rested at their stomach, Imala declaring that this was deep enough for the two.

"Here, here," Neteyam said as he looked at the bioluminescence surrounding them, picking out a plant that was in the ocean, "It isn't purple, or flower looking, but it's pretty."

Imala couldn't help but feel a distinguished nausea travel in her stomach when Neteyam stepped closer.

She watched as he gently folded her hair behind her ear, the plant following close behind when tucking it in place.

The feeling in her heart was familiar, whenever she was around him, as her stomach continued to flutter. "Is it nice?" She asked, her tone barely noticeable because she couldn't bring her words into something above a whisper. "It is," Neteyam responded as their glowing eyes met again.

Imala felt Neteyam's chest press against hers, finding her breathing stammer with his flesh press against hers.

"It is. . . very nice," Neteyam repeated before leaning closer, his nose pressing against hers.

"Mala, Neteyam!" Jake shouted their names causing Neteyam to fling himself backwards.

They both chuckled at one another before deciding to swim to Jake's figure. "'Fresh air'. Get inside!" Jake reminded the two, pushing their bodies into the marui.