Chapter 9: The Storm

It's been 3 weeks since Rohan and Chhaya have been married. Chhaya has been careful around Rohan, she's been taking care of him, made sure he's been eating all his meals, and he's taking breaks at work as well as getting enough rest. And somewhere during this week Rohan made a place in her heart, she could see him as a friend and maybe something more. 

It's not always necessary that the man woos a woman he's interested in, a woman can also woo a man. And Chhaya could see the good in her husband, the way he fulfils all his father's wishes, the way he takes her to visit her bua on their way home, how he had hired the best doctors in the world to study Nimrat's case to find a cure that would work for her, the way he awkwardly plays with the Meesha and Vihaan. The harsh persona she had built of him was slowly melting away. 

Rohan, as well, was beginning to enjoy Chhaya's company. But only when they were not bickering and he was in a good mood, otherwise he found her very annoying. After their fight in his office, he noticed how careful Chhaya had become to not ask anything from him but he also how persistent she had been to build on their relationship.

She took money out of the equation, paid for her own things, continued to work at his office as his assistant and did not slack off being his wife now, she got paid for the work she did and she deserved it. However, there was a very small part of Rohan that was not ready to completely trust her. And soon this trust was going to be shaken. Shaken by just a phone call.

Rohan had just taken a shower and was getting ready for work, he was trying to look in the mirror to see if his tie was okay, but his vision was blocked by Chhaya standing in front of him, fixing her bindi

"Chhaya, please mere saamne se hato. Mein apni tie dekhne ki kishish kr raha hun."
(Chhaya, please more out of my way. I'm trying to see my tie.)

"Pr mujhe apni bindi thik krni hai, dekho na beech mein nahi hai."

(But I want to fix my bindi, look it's not in the middle.)

He looked at his watch before looking back up in the mirror, Chhaya was still stuck on putting her bindi on. Getting frustrated by her antics, he took hold of her shoulder before turning her around, completely taking her off guard. Her eyes widened as she felt herself being swung around. 

"Kya-"
(Wha-)

Rohan glared at her to shut up before she could even get a sentence out, he took hold of the bindi from her hand and leaned down closer to her face. His eyes focused on her brows as he stuck the bindi there. Her breath hitched when she felt his other hand clasp the back of her neck as he observed his work before focusing on the eyes of his wife.

Not being able to keep herself balanced, Chhaya gently placed one hand on his chest and the other behind her on the dressing table. Rohan observed the facial features of his wife, beautiful. The two were busy gazing into each other's eyes before being interrupted by the loud ringing of Rohan's phone. Chhaya jumped at the sound before moving away from Rohan. On the other hand, Rohan was still in a bit of a daze, it took him a moment to snap out of the dark eyes of his wife and focus on the call. 

"Hello."
"Hi, Rohan."
Chhaya looked from the reflection of the mirror at Rohan, she saw the way his facial expressions changed. From unfocussed to pale, to then red. 

"Tum?"
(You?)

Chhaya felt something off in the way Rohan's tone changed. She turned around to face him as he looked at the floor.

"Haan mein! Mrs Priya Rohan Singhania."

(Yes me!)

"WHAT RUBBISH?! You are no longer Mrs Priya Rohan Singhania, to khabardar agar mera naam tumhare saath joda toh!"

(so don't even dare connect my name to yours!)

Chhaya's mouth opened wide as she watched her husband take a seat on the sofa. She supported herself by holding the canopy frame on their bed. Seeing Chhaya come closer, he put the phone on speaker so she too could hear. Although there was nothing between them, she was still his wife and deserved to hear this conversation. 

"Arre, pr jab mein tumhari biwi hun, toh mera naam Mrs Priya Rohan Singhania hi hua na?"

(Aww, but when I am your wife, then my name will be Mrs Priya Rohan Singhania, right?)

Chhaya could hear the faux-innocent tone the woman was using and it bothered her. 

"Kya bakwaas hai yeh?"

(What rubbish is this?)

"Bakwaas nahi saach hai. Humara divorce kabhi hua hi nahi"

(This is not rubbish. We were never legally divorced.)

"But how? Meine abhi-"

(I just-)

"Abhi kya? Apni nayi biwi ke saath apni shaadi ka certifcate banwaya hai? Woh certificate jootha hai. Paise bohot kuch kr sakte hain, maine hi tumhare wahan jaane se pehle uss lawyer ko paise khilaye the, taki woh nakli certificate banaye, aur tumhe pata hi na chale ki we are still married. Woh kya hai na, yeh kush kabri tumhe mein dena chahti thi."

(I just what? Got a marriage certificate for you and your new wife? That certificate is fake. I paid the lawyer before you go there to make a fake one so that you wouldn't find out that you're still legally married to me. That was because I was the one who wanted to give you the good news myself.)

Chhaya felt herself drop onto the bed and her heart drop to the pit of her stomach. Tears formed in her eyes as she looked at her husband. He saw her struggle to breathe, but he himself found himself glued to his seat, at a loss for words.

The two looked at each other, one on the bed hyperventilating and the other on the sofa feeling his heart rate rocket. Other than the sound of Chhaya's quiet sobs and Rohan's heavy breathing nothing could be heard in the room until it was interrupted by the 

"So anyway, aaj mein aa rahi hun! Mere sasural! Toh tyaari rakhna. Kyunki abh tumhare woh haal krungi ki tum yaad rakhoge. Mujhe jail bheja tha na tum sab ne, abh mein tumhe bhejungi. Aur mere paas toh solid wajah bhi hai. Tumhari nayi biwi. Ek biwi hote hue, tume doosri le aaye! Tsk tsk tsk. Abh tumha kya hoga, pati dev?"

(So anyway, I coming today! To my in-laws! So be ready. Because now aftter this time we meet, you will never be able to forget me. You and your family sent me to jail, and now it's your turn. And I have a solid reason too. Your new wife. Got married for a second time, whilst still being married to your first? Tsk tsk tsk. What will happen to you, my dear husband?)

So that was it!

What did you think?

Was anyone expecting the return of Priya?

Was anyone expecting such a crazy twist in the story?
What will happen to Rohan?
What will happen to Chhaya?

How will the family react?

So many questions and only one way to find out! And that is waiting for the next update! hehehehe

Please remember to vote, comment and share!

Love you guys so much and see you at the next one!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Today's questions:

"Which movie could you watch over and over and over again without getting bored?"

"If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?"