Chapter 38: Heaven

Outfit Inspo - 

Rohan listened carefully to the priest as he chants the mantras, ensuring that he paid attention to every single word being said. And when the priest requested for the bride to be brought out, Rohan couldn't help but peek towards the entrance to see if his bride was making her way towards him. His anticipation was matched by all the guests as well as the calm lake and mystic mountains behind him. The mountains that have watched the girl cry her heart out, the lake that has had the salty tears dissolve into it, the cold wind that tried everything in its power to dry the infinite tears. 

Now finally they would witness the tears of joy as she finally found her happiness. The sun softened as the bride made her entrance, and the lake rippled with joy as the mountains beamed down at the two.  Rohan felt his heart try to escape his chest as Shourya held his bride's hand and walk her over to the mandap. Tears glistened in everyone's eyes at the sight of the two soulmates finally finding their way to each other. The rest of their journey would be together. Always together. 

Rohan smiled at his bride as he felt Shourya slide her hand into his. Meera fixed the long veil that hid her blushing cheeks from him, tempting his fingers to reach for and remove the barrier and give him the view his heart is dying to see. But another part of him wants to keep his bride hidden from the eyes of the spectators, wanting to keep a clear view of her beautiful, enchanting eyes just for him to see. Wanting to keep that to himself, he somehow pacifies his heart to wait. 

Chhaya, too, was desperate to remove the curtain blocking the clear vision. She was desperate to see the love and admiration in her soon-to-be husband's eyes when he took in the glow that lit her soul. The glow that was present on her face. The glow that was radiating off of her slowly transferred into him through their connected hands. Not being able to endure the sweet love in Rohan's eyes, Chhaya lowers her gaze to the floor. But that didn't stop Rohan from watching his beauty. Even the white roses decorating the venue blushed hues of bright red as they took in the sight of the flush bride barely being able to hold herself up next to the smitten groom.