FACE OFF WITH JENSEN(2)

ELENA

A rescue team was here, and oh boy, could I be any happier.
Ellen beamed when her gaze locked on mine.
“Not so fast, princess.” Jensen breathed into my ear, “I hate to do this, but it's necessary.”
He gripped my neck tightly as Maya was about to cast a spell on him and Kyle.
I choked on my spittles as I struggled for air through my gaped mouth.
“Elena!" Ellen shouted.
“Stop what you are doing, or she dies,” Jensen grunted.
“Ugh, Maya, stop it.” Ellen said, “He's going to kill her!"
However, Maya was far into what she was doing to quit of her own will. If she was angered, she often went as far as this to accomplish what she wanted.
“Maya!” Kellen growled as Jensen tightened his grip on my neck.
“I'm sorry, Maya,” Ellen said while smacking her with the butt of her dagger.
Maya moaned before smacking the ground. As soon as she was out, Jensen released his clutch on me.
He let out a low chuckle and snapped. “The witch is out, now's your time.”
He swirled and beckoned to the person at his back.
“Indeed it is!” Cora cackled as she appeared. She snapped her fingers, and a fire ring surrounded each person below.
“You promised to release Elena to us!” Ellen reminded him, “We are not here to fight; we only want her back.”
“I'm sorry, blondie, Elena is mine. Also, I lied about releasing her to you.” Jensen grinned.
“I enjoy seeing y'all in pain,” Cora yelled as she descended towards them.
She chanted, and the fire boosted with each word that came out of her mouth.
Ellen moaned while trying to reach out to Maya, whose clothes were now ignited by the fire.
The guys panted, and I noticed their fangs were out.
They attempted to dash out, but they couldn't because there was a barrier around each ring of fire.
“What are you doing to them?” I demanded, scowling at Cora.
“What else?” She glanced at Jensen as if seeking permission on what to do next.
“What is she doing?” I inquired, staring at him.
Jensen ignored me. Instead, he yelled. “Eliminate them!"
“With pleasure," Cora replied.
“No, no…” I sputtered. “Don't do that, please!" I clasped his hand while pleading with him.
However, he shoved me sideways. I slammed my back and my head into the hard wall.
My vision blurred, and my ears rang.
“Elena." Ellen winced. “I'll kill you for doing that, b*st*rd!"
My ears continued to ring. I laid back against the wall while trying to get my bearings.
Pain shot through my body as I attempted to stand up. I had either cracked a rib or my wrist. Or maybe both since I felt pain rising in the areas mentioned above.
Jensen halted, but his back was to me. “I'm sorry, Princess.” He muttered before he went on through the entrance.
My eyes travelled to where Ellen and the others were; I noticed how weak and helpless they were.
Liam was already passed out, and only Ellen, Kellen, and Mark tried their best to stay awake.
I wish I could help them. However, I couldn't since I was powerless.
You can; you are a witch!
“No,” I whispered, shaking my head.
Even if I could, I didn't have the strength to take on Cora in a duel. Besides, my wrist was twisted, and I was in a lot of pain.
That doesn't matter because you are a pure which. You can command strength to come to you.
How could I? I argued.
Maya was better than I was in all aspects, yet she was knocked out cold.
Maybe not by Cora's magic; she was still out, and I had no chance against her.
You do! The voice snapped.
Also, something in me cracked as well. My fingers tingled, and my body levitated.
I flexed my injured wrist, and I realised the pain had vanished, likewise in my ribs.
Cora let out a peal of laughter as she continued torturing them.
My eyes glistened with hatred as I gazed at her.
“Get the fuck out of the way, Bast*rd!" She shouted.
I clutched the ball of fire she shot at me and hurled it back to her. It smashed into her as she wasn't expecting it.
Glows encompassed me; I lifted my hand while concentrating on her neck as I stepped towards her.
“P-please,” She gasped, stuttering.
“Have a taste of my power as well,” I yelled, not listening to what she was saying.
Eventually, I snapped her neck and thrust her sideways.
The fire dissipated, as well as the power in me.
I stumbled due to the energy I had used, and Ellen caught me before I could bash my face onto the paved ground.
“Are you okay?” She asked.
“I am.” I moaned, blinking back the haziness at the back of my eyes.
“Thanks.” She smiled.
I nodded with a small smile. Moreover, I watched as everyone stood from the position they were in, including Liam, who had passed out.
“Maya!" Ellen called out.
I noticed she was still in the same position she was in.
“I'm up, and please stop yelling.” She groaned, rubbing the back of her head. “Don't do that anymore." She said, glaring at Ellen.
“I promise,” Ellen replied with a sheepish grin. “We need to take care of things here.”
“Happily." Maya obliged.
The others nodded, then zoomed into the house.
Since I was out of strength, Maya was with us; she could take out a score of the armies present with magic.
Kyle snickered as he came into view. “I know it'll come to this, and I'm prepared.”
He tugged off the oversized black trench coat he had donned and then darted towards us at full speed.
However, Kellen intercepted him midway, kicking him down the balcony.
Regarding speed, Kellen was the fastest in the group, and the strength was Mark. Ellen was good at making strategies, and Liam had the same power as Kellen but with lesser speed.
Liam joined Kellen as he jumped down the balcony to face Kyle.
“We need to get to Jensen,” Mark stated.
“You don't need to get to me because I'm here,” Jensen said, grinning.
“He's mine,” Ellen growled, halting Mark.
“You think you can take me on, love?” Jensen asked.
“I know I can,” Ellen growled as she took a swing at him, but he dodged it.
Ellen winced when a blow landed on her face.
Mark, who had been watching the duel, growled.
“Stay out of it!” Ellen ordered.
“No!" Mark retorted.
Despite Ellen's plea to stay away, others joined in as well.
Also, I noticed Kellen and Liam were done fighting with Kyle.
The latter body lay sprawled on the paved floor, and his neck was at an awkward angle. It looked as if they had broken it.
Moreover, I glimpsed a stake spiked with a glistering substance piercing his chest.
Kellen and Liam brought the same spiked wooden stick with them.
Maya thrust Jensen to the door with a spell, but he resisted her.
Jensen snarled, then darted forward. He clutched her by the wrist and pressed a knife in his back pocket into her neck.
The group halted while watching as he pressed the knife into her tightly.
Jensen let out a maniac laugh. The knife with him dropped as he was about to slit Maya's neck open.
“What did you do to me?” He howled.
“Elena?" Ellen asked, gazing at me.
“It's not me,” I said with wide eyes.
Then I stared at Maya, who had a wide grin.
“You only needed to touch me for you to be destroyed." She chuckled.
My eyes went back to Jensen, who was still screaming in pain. I noticed a tiny pocket knife stuck in his side.
“How did you do it?" Ellen asked.
“Well, I did a deteriorating spell on that knife because I knew we wouldn't be able to get him easily.”
“You are so clever,” Liam mumbled.
I shook my head, agreeing with them. I never even thought of anything like that, but Maya had.
“I'll be back,” Jensen snarled. He managed to tug out the knife before whooshing away.
“Shouldn't we go after him?” Liam inquired.
“I don't think so. We have Elena now, and that's all that matters." Ellen beamed.
We ransacked the whole building to see if anyone was being held captive, but it seemed like I was the only one.
After surveying the building for another thirty minutes, we headed back home.
Back to the place I belong and to the man I loved.