07.

chapter seven ; oh those drunken nights

_________________

In almost two weeks since Natalie moved to Central City, she could officially say she was settled in. All the unpacking, personal touches on the house, and friendly bonding had been done. But what remained unaccomplished was a job, which she promised she would start looking for tomorrow. Maybe.

As soon as Natalie stepped through the threshold of her house after her run, her mission of catching her breath was interrupted by her phone. Sliding the green button to answer, she spoke into the phone taking heavy breaths, "Hel-hello?"

"Um..Is this Natalie?"

"Yeah. Who-who is..this?" Nat panted, slipping off her gym shoes and leaning against the wall for support.

"It's Barry, Barry Allen."

Nat, chuckled slightly, "Barry, you're the only..'Barry' I know. If you just.. said that I'd know..it was you."

"Oh sorry," Barry said, chuckling nervously, "Are you okay? You sound a little..winded?"

Nat gulped down a glass of water which helped ease her burning throat to talk better, "Oh I'm just dandy. Sorry, I was out of breath from going on a run."

Barry let out a long 'oh'.

"So anyways, Barry, how exactly did you get my number?" Nattie asked as she took of her jacket and collapsed on her couch with just her sports bra and yoga pants on.

"Caitlyn gave it to me, she wanted to know if you wanted to go to the bar with us tonight," Barry said.

Natalie sat up in surprise, "Did you just say 'Caitlyn' and 'bar' in the same sentence?"

Barry laughed lightly sending butterflies in Nat's stomach, "Yeah, Cisco told her she basically had no life and she said that she, and I, need to get out there and meet new people."

"Wait, then why are you guys inviting me? Do you think I have no life? I mean just because I'm unemployed dies not mean I have no life. I am a very livable person," Natalie said jokingly.

She could hear his laughter through the speaker, "Are you gonna come or what?"

"Oh I'm coming. Just text me the address and I'll meet you guys there as soon as I shower and get dressed."

"Sounds good. See you soon, Nat."

Natalie smiled to herself, "Bye Barry."

Immediately, Natalie ran up the stairs, skipping two steps at a time, and quickly jumped into the steaming shower. After drying her hair and straightening it, Nat pulled on a maroon, tight-fitting  dress that had a high neck and came down a little bit more than below mid-thigh. She settled on simple, small black heels and put on just a tiny bit of makeup. Once she decided she was ready, Nat called a cab to meet Barry and Caitlin at the bar.

When Natalie arrived at the bar, he first thing she took notice of was the karaoke. She shrugged it off, telling herself to not get that drunk tonight. No way in hell was she doing karaoke. She walked in and searches for Barry and Caitlin, who she might add was looking very good in her sequined black dress.

"What is wrong with us? I mean, we're in our 20's. We should be having fun! We should meet people, go on lots of dates," Barry said to Caitlin, neither one having noticed yet Natalie near them.

Caitlin nodded her head in agreement "Well, here's to liquid courage," she said before picking up the full shot glass on the table and downing it. Natalie let out an audible 'woah' to which Barry noticed and looked at Caitlin in shock.