👑 Chapter Seven 👑

Breakfast was simple, consisting of two fried eggs and some boiled vegetables placed on the side of the plate. The toasted bread, coated with a layer of butter and strawberry jam, was accompanied by a fragrant cup of lavender tea. That meal was elegant and perfect for the morning.

Annie began to mutter, "So that's how the nobles start their morning!"

After Flora had heard her, she gently asked her, "Does food suit your taste?"

Annie flinched at the question and quickly looked up after she had been distracted contemplating the tea, which reminded her of her father when he used to praise her after preparing a cup for him.

"Yes, it's delicious, especially tea." I liked it; thank you."

Flora replied, after breathing a sigh of relief, "Glad you liked it; tell the maids later what food suits your taste, and we will prepare a menu accordingly."

Annie replied calmly, "Okay."

Flora noticed that Annie had finished her meal, so she clapped her hands and turned towards the door as if waiting for someone. Soon after, three young maids entered the room. Flora walked up to them, pointing each one out and introducing their names.

Flora: "The maid in the middle is named Lina; on the left is Mary; and on the right is Alice... These are the best-qualified maids to serve you; they are all active and skilled. So don't worry, Miss Annie; you're in safe hands."

Annie began to think for a moment about how she called her by name and didn't tell her about it. She even remembered that the king might have given her all the information about her.

Flora then continued her conversation with the maids: "So you can start by helping her shower and get dressed"—referring to Lina and Alice—and then "You, Mary, tidy up her room and then comb her hair."

Annie: "I can shower alone. "I don't need help."

Flora: "In this palace, you won't do anything alone." "This is the maid's job from now on; you'll get used to it."

                                                      ***************♡***************

After Lina dipped her hand in the water to check if it was hot enough, the maids helped Annie undress and get into the bathtub. As soon as Annie walked in, Alice poured in the scented oils and scattered the petals of red roses.

With Annie surrounded by maids, Lina took a sponge soaked in scented soap foam and gently wiped Annie's body. Annie tilted her head back so that Alice could pour the shampoo and clean her hair as she began to carefully rub her scalp, which made Annie feel so relaxed that she closed her eyes and didn't allow herself to think about anything. They worked in unison, taking care to clean every inch of her. The soap scent was fresh and lively.

After she walked out of the bathtub, she was wrapped in a soft robe, and the maids sat her inside the walk-in closet to choose a dress.

Alice grabbed a dress and showed it to Annie as she spoke with great enthusiasm: "Look, Miss... This blue puffed shoulder dress with a frill square neck matches your eye tone and will accentuate your skin attractively. You'll look great in it, with your hair falling back and pinned with a laced ribbon. Especially because it contains spread glitter that sounds like a night full of stars."

Lina pushed Alice's shoulder and brought another dress: "How do you want our lady to wear a dark outfit?" She turned to Annie and added, "Pink suits you more; it will show how attractive and feminine you are. Especially that this puffed dress's fabric pattern contains flowers and is adorned with lace and pearls like a chain hanging over the shoulders down to the centre of the heart-shaped chest, and in the middle there is a brooch."