𝟬𝟴. careful what you wish for

CHAPTER EIGHT⤷ careful what you wish for

CHAPTER EIGHT
careful what you wish for

JACKIE adjusted her bag strapped as she exited her class. She avoided all of her friends so far to give herself time to destress. She hadn't given Lucas much thought since last night. She hoped he just forgot about it but knowing him, he most likely didn't. She didn't tell anyone about their night last night, not even Nick. Sometimes she wished she saved herself the trouble and never got herself involved with Lucas at all. She just needed things to go back to normal but living in Tree Hill, that was almost impossible.

"Jackie, you got a second?"

"No," Jackie sighed, "but you're gonna say whatever you need to say anyway so what is it? Make it quick."

"Look, I can't bury what happened between us," Lucas admitted.

Jackie crossed her arms in front of her chest, not wanting to hear it, "I don't know how many times I have to say this to get it through your thick skull but you're in a relationship with Brooke."

"I know," Lucas started, "But—"

"But nothing, Lucas," Jackie cut him off, "We are nothing. Got it? What you're doing is not fair to me and it's damn sure not fair to Brooke."

With that, Jackie turned to leave but he stopped her, pulling her back, "Jackie, I've been hiding my feelings away from you with Brooke and I don't wanna have to hide anymore."

"Even if we could be together, " Jackie put into perspective, "Would we even work out? I mean look at us, all we do is hide from each other.  That's what got us here in the first place."

"It would work," Lucas scanned her face, inching closer to her. "I feel it in my heart. Don't you?"

"If you want me Lucas," Jodie looked into his eyes, "You're going to tell Brooke and mean it. Because I'm not going to be playing cat and mouse with you and you're not going to cheat on her. So, do you want me?"

"Yes," He answered, without having to think about it, looking down at her lustfully, "more than anything, you know that."

"Then tell, Brooke." Jackie challenged.

"Tell me what?" Brooke turned the corner on cue before eyeing how close the two were. Jodie quirked an eyebrow at him at the sound of Brooke's voice, looking him up and down, then remaining eye contact for a second before walking away. Brooke watched her leave confusingly before looking at Lucas for an explanation but of course, he didn't think now was the time.