𝚖𝚎𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢

meeting his family • conociendo a su familia

"chula, ya estás lista? mi mamá me mando mensaje diciendo que la comida ya no tarda en estar lista."
(beautiful, are you ready? my mom just sent me a message saying the food is almost ready.)

im meeting hassan's family for the first time today. im talking uncles, aunts, cousins, and most importantly his parents and i am excited but also nervous. it's a mixture of emotions. i really tired my best to get my suegros (in laws) something they would like. for his mom i got her a bouquet of flowers and his dad a tequila bottle, clase azul to be exact. first impressions are important and i want them to see that i really love their son and wish to get along with all of them. it's important to hassan and i.

i practically run down the stairs barefoot almost slipping. a gasp escaping my lips.

"cuidado hermosa. no corras." he says while kneeling down on one knee and helps me put my heels on. i run my fingers through his soft hair.
(careful beautiful. don't run.)

"gracias mi amor, es que no quiero que lleguemos tarde. imagínate vamos a salir regañados."
(thank you, my love, I don't want us to be late. Imagine we're going to get scolded.)

"ay si muy regañados. ni que conocieran como somos los mexicanos. siempre llegamos tarde a todo." he says, getting up and looking at me in admiration.
(oh yeah very scolded. as if they don't know how us Mexicans are. we're always late to everything.)

"que? no me digas que el vestido está feo." he shakes his head, biting his lower lip.
(what? don't tell me the dress is ugly.)

"quizás podemos llegar un poco tarde amor. es que te ves más buenísima de lo que ya eres. te quiero comer a besos." i playfully shove him and walk out the door.
(maybe we can get there a little late my love. it's because you look so good. i want to drown you in kisses.)

"sorry, te vas a tener que esperar hasta que lleguemos aquí a la casa hassan." i was tempted to stay back, but we can't. i have in laws waiting and i don't want them to have to wait any longer.
(sorry, but you're gonna have to wait until we come back home hassan.)

soon after we get to his parents house. they have a jumper for the kids, the smell of carne asada filling up the air, welcome balloons and signs at the front of the house. all of this is for us? i can't believe it. they went all out. hassan helps me by holding his fathers gift in one hand and leaves his other hand free for me to hold his arm while i hold his mothers gift.

"todo va salir bien hermosa. como no les vas a caer bien? eres perfecta." i take a deep breath and squeeze his arm gently as we walk towards the front door. he knocks and a sweet woman opens the door, who im guessing is his mom because she goes in for a hug immediately almost in tears.
(everything will be alright beautiful. how are they not going to like you? you're literally perfect.)