Chapter 14

Anastasia Romano

We proceeded for our day plans as mum informed dad about us leaving the house and we were allowed only after bunch of guards trailing us.

I chose to drive myself because I wanted to try the variety of cars we had in the garage and I have been long eyeing them.

We first went to the mall to do a bit shopping.I wasn't that much of a fan of shopping but I do shop for basics so me and mom proceeded to do that.

I bought myself few accessories and some clothes to fill my closet with but not too much.

"Mom I'm hungry.."I complained after hearing a gurgling sound from my stomach.

It had been 2 hours since we have been on our shopping spree and we had so much fun window shopping and trying out clothes.

Then we had proceeded to the spa to pamper ourselves for the day.I trimmed my hair a lil bit renewing the haircut I had.

It took us another hour to be completed with spa.We talked and laughed sharing stories while we were being treated to.

Mom was a fun lady but could get scary if she wanted to.After all she was the daughter of the American Mafia Former don and sister of the current don.That means I had a family there too.I wonder who was in my family from Dad side because papa only ever mentioned my brothers and parents.I wonder if I had grandparents though it would be cool to have them.

After we were finished with everything that was the moment I finally felt hungry as I had digested the breakfast I had with all the walking into stores here and there.

"Okay darling let's head to the food court.After that we need to get a dress for you for the ball."Mom said and took hold of my hand leading to the food court.

"Ball??"I inquired confused.

"Yes dear..The annual Mafia ball coming soon.As you had been absent from our lives all this while so we would also want to introduce you to the Mafia world if that's what you agree it.It's your choice...And as the ball is going to be held in Canada as always the extended family would be visiting us any time soon we don't really know when they always come unexpected."mom finished.

Extended family?Was I ready to meet them??Oh hell are there going to be all boys??Arghh..I don't want any more over protective bros...

"Okay Mom but dress,gown I'm not really a fan of them but maybe we could find something my taste and suitable for a ball.."I reasoned.

"It's alright amore..whatever you feel comfortable with.."she patted my cheeks lovingly and we finally took our seats at the court.(love)

We ordered our food as we continue chatting.It has been really an amazing day and I enjoyed it so far.

"I hope you had fun spending the day with me mum.."I smiled and said.

"Caro you won't believe this has been the best days of my life..spending time with my precious daughter..I'm glad I finally have a girl at home to chat with...the men of the house are annoying.."she gushed happily and then huffed.(dear)

I just chuckled back in return.

We finished our food and then mom dragged me to one of her favourite stores who according to her sells the best dresses.

"Welcome mam..it's pleasure to see you again here.."A middle aged woman dressed in professional attire with a tight bun and professional look on her face greeted us as we enter.

"Thank you Ella..We would like to purchase two dresses for a ball..Make sure they are the best of the best.."Mom instructed her politely but with an authoritative tone and a smile.