CHAPTER - 20

JENNIE POV :

I was again on my way to the Public School but this time I actually have some important work there unlike other times when I visited just to see her.

The day she rejected me was also the day I last saw her and it's already been a month since that day. I really miss her. <sigh>

Since that day i am even more closed off and cold to other people. I have been treating my employees harsher than before. I am focusing more on my work nowadays neglecting food and sleep. Everyone have noticed the change in my behavior. Needless to say, they are even more scared of me than they were before.

My parents confronted me about it but I didn't wanted to tell them anything so I told them that I was stressed because of work. I just wanted to forget everything that happened but my parents found out about it from Jisoo.

I was pretty pissed at her and almost fired her that day but I knew she told them because she was really worried about me after seeing my behavior so I had to stop myself.

My parents told me that I had to forget about her because there's no chance of us being together. She already made it clear to me. If I don't let her go it will hurt me even more. I just silently listened to them and went back to my room knowing I will never be able to forget her.

I will always miss her cute smile, her sparkling eyes, her handsome face, her soft hair, her deep voice, her personality. I will always miss her no matter what.

Maybe in future I will fall in love again and will live happily ever after with that person but I could never love someone again like I loved her. She will always hold a special place in my heart, till the day I die.

My train of thoughts were cut off when I heard Jisoo's voice but I didn't really paid attention to what she said. I looked outside the window to see we were parked outside the school and realised jisoo must have informed me that we have already reached our destination.

I stepped out of the car and put my sunglasses then started walking inside. I was roaming my eyes everywhere because even if I wasn't especially here for her, I was still hoping to atleast get a glimpse of her.

I suddenly bumped into a tall figure after turning a corner. The person grunted in pain when my hand accidentally landed on their stomach. That's when I realised who the person was. It was her, Y/N.

I looked up at her but my blood boiled in anger when I saw a big bruise on her left jaw while she was still looking shocked to see me here holding her stomach

I looked at her appearance and my heart broke after what i saw. She was looking a lot thinner than the last time I saw her. Her eyes were looking dull and had dark circles under them. Her face was pale which made me even more worried about her.

Something is going on with her and this time I am going to find out the truth. I will not let her leave this time, no matter what. I signalled her to follow me and started walking towards the principal's office. She followed me without any questions.

She was walking slowly so I also slowed down a bit because I noticed her painful expression everytime she tried to match our speed.

When we reached the principal's office I signalled Jisoo and Mr. Yang to leave even if I was in his office. It's the only place in this school where I could talk with her without any other student spying on us. When they left I told Y/N to show me her stomach.

She was hesitant to show it to me and keep playing with her sleeves. I slowly walked toward her and removed her hand from her sleeves. I gently took a hold of her shirt and pulled it up a little to see her stomach which had bruises and cuts all over.

My eyes teared up at the sight. I couldn't help but gently touch her stomach which made her flinch. I pulled her shirt down and looked up at her for answers but she never met my eyes.

"Fought again with a drunk man?" I asked in a cold tone.

Now she had a guilty look on her face. She just looked at the ground like it was the most interesting thing she had ever seen in her whole life.

I sighed then cupped her cheeks gently and spoke softly this time.

"Please tell me the truth because I really want to help you Y/N. I can't see you like this. It hurts me too."

Finally, she looked up at me and I felt my heart clench at the sight of her eyes which were full of tears. I didn't know what to do so I just wrapped my arms around her neck and softly hugged her.

She buried her face in my neck and started crying softly. After seeing her like this I wanted to cry too but I knew it wasn't the right time. I have to be strong for her and make sure whoever did this to her, suffer for the rest of their lives.

We stayed like that for sometimes and after a minute she finally stopped crying. I pulled her face away for my neck and lovingly wiped her tears. Her eyes and nose were a little red now.

"Will you tell me now?" I asked. She just nodded her head. We settled on the couch silently and after a moment of silence she finally spoke.

My blood boiled a little more with every word that came out of her mouth. I had to stop myself from running to the Park's mansion and kill each and every person who hurt her.

She told me about getting abused because she was born different. I didn't understood what she meant by that and when she saw my confused expression she told me that she is intersex. While telling me about that, her eyes never left my face to see if I was also disgusted by her like her family members were but I just gave her a comforting smile.

I told her that her being intersex does not change anything. She sighed in relief and continued on telling me about everything else.

She told me how they treated her as a child and last but not least, her getting married to Sana. Her parents were forcing her to marry her.

When she finally stopped talking I had no words. I knew there was something going on but I never thought about it to be like this. I was completely speechless.

The school hour was about to end and I sighed sadly when I realised she had to leave. I don't wanted her to go back to that hell hole but she had no other options. Her sister was still there and she said she can't leave her sister alone like that.

So I let her go but not before hugging her again. I also wanted to give her my contact number but she said it was useless. Her family snatched her phone away from her because they don't wanted her to tell anyone about what's happening inside their house.

Her sister's phone was also snatched away from her because they found out about her helping Y/N. <sigh>

When I left the school campus I had only one thing in my mind and that was to get her out of there as soon as I can.

It's time to destroy some people's lives.

____________________
[1319 words] <sigh>