CHAPTER ONE

ALYSSA REALLY wanted to be happy for Harry, but it was terribly difficult for her when the huge man who introduced himself as Rubeus Hagrid turned to her and looked at her with a slight shake of his head

ALYSSA REALLY wanted to be happy for Harry, but it was terribly difficult for her when the huge man who introduced himself as Rubeus Hagrid turned to her and looked at her with a slight shake of his head."Is Alyssa also a witch? Can she come to Hogwarts too?",an excited Harry asked. His eyes were literally shining. He was really a wizard and so were his parents. Unfortunately, the same did not apply to Alyssa. Petunia laughed shrilly and approached Hagrid, Harry, and her."Oh no, not you. You're not even the real child of Lily,"her tone was almost mocking, and you could see that she took great pleasure in seeing the disappointment in the eleven-year-old's eyes."Shut up. It doesn't matter whether she's a witch or not,"Hagrid growled, before turning to her for the first time and bending his body down to her."Although it's not your birthday yet, I thought I'd thought of you, Alyssa. I thought you might like it!" Hagrid took a small bracelet out of the pocket of his coat. It had definitely been tied together from plants and in places was already a bit loose, but that didn't bother Alyssa.
She looked up at the half-giant and at the same time the corners of her mouth lifted."Thank you very much, Hagrid," she rejoiced and accepted it. Harry was pretty happy about this interaction too, but he was just as disappointed that his sister wasn't a witch like he was a wizard."Hogwarts is safe, isn't it? With nice students? Harry will be all right?",the ten-year-old wanted to know. This was the most she had ever spoken to a stranger in such a short time, but Hagrid made her feel very comfortable. He immediately nodded in agreement to her question."Course! There's no safer place than Hogwarts and during the holidays you'll see him again!"
And that was true. Alyssa saw him during the summer holidays too. In his first year at school, he came home at Christmas to see her, but he hated being home despite everything, so in the following years he stayed at Hogwarts during the winter holidays. Alyssa claimed that she didn't mind, but that was a lie. Harry sent her at least one letter a week, brought her sweets from the wizarding world, let her read his books, and told her about all his adventures, but it wasn't the same. It made her jealous. Her life was still a nightmare, and the older she got, the worse it got.
She did have a bigger room now, which she shared with Harry, but since he wasn't usually there, it didn't make any difference. She still got old clothes that had been worn for years, was punished for every little thing, constantly harassed and teased by Dudley and bullied at school too.
It wasn't always that bad. Back when she still went to school with Harry, everything was completely different. Alyssa remembered how some girls made fun of her hair in fourth grade. She immediately started crying and was terribly ashamed. Harry, however, had stood up for her protectively and confronted the girls, then turned to Alyssa and comforted her.

"No, Lyssi. Your hair is beautiful! Almost everyone has straight hair. I think your curls are much better!"

"What are you talking about? Your skin isn't too dark. There's no such thing as too dark or too light, Lyssa!"

Alyssa was often insulted for her skin color, but what she really hated about herself was her hair. She didn't know how to take care of her hair, so she always tied her masses of hair into two braided plaits. It was not to be expected that the Dursleys would even remotely inquire about the girl's hair structure, so she remained dissatisfied. The old clothing, the broken glasses, and her braces made the girl so insecure that she constantly felt ugly and worthless.
After Harry no longer went to school with her, the bullying became really bad and soon turned physical. There was only one other happy memory in Alyssa's life besides the summer holidays with Harry. In the first summer holidays after Harry went to Hogwarts, he got into big trouble because a terribly creepy little creature didn't want him to go to school. This creature was a house-elf named Dobby, as Alyssa found out later.
Of course, she noticed all of this and also the punishment that followed because they shared a room. One night, the two of them were then rescued by the Weasleys when they tore down their bedroom wall with a flying car. Finally, Alyssa, who had been dragged along by Harry, got to know the Weasleys and felt more comfortable than ever before. Especially Molly had looked at the insecure girl with pitying eyes and taken her directly to her heart. Likewise, Fred and George, who couldn't even bring themselves to make jokes about her.
Alyssa was even allowed to go to the Diagon alley and was amazed. Harry proudly showed her his world, which seemed so distant to Alyssa. She also got to know Hermione and quickly got along with her, although she became jealous again. Why were her parents Muggles and yet she was a witch? Why couldn't Alyssa have that happiness?
On the same summer day in the diagon alley, Alyssa also had the pleasure of meeting the Malfoys. From her brother's letters, she knew that Draco Malfoy was not particularly nice and that his parents had a high status in the wizarding world.
"Well, you like that, Pottah? Being in the spotlight?",a spiteful voice suddenly spat out his name when Harry had just separated from Gilderoy Lockhart. Alyssa didn't know this Lockhart guy. He seemed to be the Justin Bieber of the wizarding world. With a furrowed brow, Alyssa eyed the blond boy as Ginny stepped protectively in front of her brother. "Leave him alone, Malfoy," she hissed and glared at him. Secretly, Alyssa admired her courage.
The mentioned Malfoy just grinned amusedly. "You found a girlfriend, huh, Pottah?" he whispered and at the same moment he looked at Alyssa. He paused and frowned, "And who are you? Could be something between Weasley and Granger,"the blond boy taunted. Alyssa didn't understand it, but everyone else understood that it was in reference to her old clothing and her hair.
Harry didn't find it funny and went straight to him."That's my sister. And you keep her out of this," he muttered quietly, but very threateningly. At the same moment, another blond man appeared, who pulled the boy back with his walking stick. "Hey hey hey, Draco. Let's not be rude."
And that was the first encounter with Draco Malfoy. He reminded her of the bullies in her school, so she didn't want to see him again.
For the next few years, she didn't do that. Unfortunately, she didn't see the Weasleys or Hermione again either, as it just never seemed to work out time-wise. And even though she constantly assured Harry that she was fine and that he should enjoy his life, she fell apart without him. The whole world seemed to be against her, and there were moments when she just couldn't take it anymore.

And one day, Alyssa knew that she had to change in order to stop being bullied. She wanted to be different.

____

A picture of fetus Alyssa! ^-^