Chapter 2 - Mia

One would expect that when they are kidnapped by a demon, that they would wake up with a headache, but when I found myself opening my eyes the next time, it was quite the opposite.

It was almost as if I was being pulled from the best sleep of my life. My body felt light and there was a thrum of heat spreading throughout my limbs.

With a sigh I turned over, trying to grab the fluffy blankets around me and pull them closer.

Just a few more minutes... when was the last time I had slept this well?

That's when the whispers broke through the thick haze of my still sleep ridden mind.

"It's been too long. Maybe we should wake her?"

"The longer she sleeps the better."

"But maybe we can think of a way to escap—"

There was a rustling not far from me.

"You know that's not an option," a girl hissed. "Just let her be blissfully unaware of our situation. I'd join her if I could."

"What if they come—"

I groaned as I pushed myself up. Their voices had begun to buzz around my head like two incessant flies.

"I'm awake, Jesus H. Chri—"

I lost my train of thought when I pried my eyes open to look at girls.

Both of them were sitting on a bed that had been placed right next to mine and dressed in the same outfit. A thin, slim like slip that covered nothing.

The bed was high off the ground and decked out in furs and comfortable looking pillows. From what I could see there was maybe one or even two on the other side theirs.

My gaze darted around the room as images of my encounter with the demon filled my mind.

Kidnapped. I had been kidnapped.

Or at least that's what I thought, but looking out at the room, it looked more like a place for royalty as opposed to prisoners.

The walls showed exposed brick, but they were draped in beautiful, glittering, tapestries. The floors were covered in rugs of similar material as well. Above our heads was a large chandelier reflected light onto everything around us.

"Are you okay?"

I looked to the girls in front of me. The one that I assumed spoke looked at me from under her thick lashes. Her skin flushed the longer I looked at her. Her eyes were a brilliant shade of purple I had never seen before. That combined with her fair skin and white hair made her look ethereal.

"I'm... as good as I could be after getting kidnapped."

The girl next to her threw her head back with a loud laugh.

Her hair was died a deep blue that caught the light as she moved. When she came to wipe the fake tears from her eyes, I was met with an amused stare. Her brown eyes took me in with obvious interest and she leaned back onto the bed with a small smirk.

"At least one of us has their brain left," she said then nudged the girl next to her. "This is Iris. I'm Eve. There are a few other girls but it's been while since we've seen them. I assume they're dead."

"Eve!"

I gave Iris a forced smile when her panicked eyes caught mine. They roamed over my frame before she visibly relaxed.

"I'm Mia, by the way."

Iris gave me a nod before turning to glare at Eve.

"We don't know what happened to them, but you shouldn't scare her," Iris muttered.