Being a hero, is more than fame

Trigger warnings:
Blood, injury and skin damage

~~~

Context: miles morales gets injured whilst fighting with his spider team, they're all immediately worried about him seeing how much pain he is in.

~~~

Gritting his teeth, Miles charges towards the monster. Putting all his effort into defeating the beast. Beside him - his spider family also tries to help.

He didn't want to call for backup but this beast - it's like no monster he's ever fought before. It's impossible to fight alone.

It's claws as sharp as knives. It's body as spiky as bramble bushes. Even Miguel was struggling to get this monster to die. It's coordination was too good. Way too smart to be a monster. Black and red fur with blood oozing from its mouth.

A monster you shouldn't underestimate.

Miles wraps webs around its face and jumps onto its back. He had thought this was a good idea till the monster grabs miles by his shoulders and chucks him forward over it's own head - hitting the ground hard. Miles groans.

"MILES!!" Gwen shouts and they all try to get to him but it was too late.

It's sharp claws scratch him galore. Big, fresh cut's drawn onto his back. He sobs in pain. The monster then turns miles over so he can see his face. It claws his chest and face repeatedly  nolike a untamed animal. It growls loudly. Preparing it's food.

Blood surrounds the boy, tears falling from his face. The young spider, burning like he's being ripped apart in lava.

He screams in pain hysterically.

Miguel charges at the beast with Peter b and the others - together killing the monster at last. Leaving the teen boy in his own grave, sobbing.

"K-Kid? Hey buddy- look at me.." Peter kneels beside him and tries to pick him up but just gets sobs thrown at his face.

"Don't touch him.." Gwen looks at Miguel for help. Even Miguel looks horrified - complete fear filling his mind. Miles might not be dead but he's still in extreme pain. Pain that doesn't heal in a nights rest.

"I'll- I'll call for back up.. for medical to get here quickly." Miguel tries to hide his panicked voice but is unable to do so. He's already using his watch to contact them.

Everyone's attention goes back to the boy when his eyes start to close. "Kid, don't fall asleep.." peter's voice trembles. When the little spider was chucked onto the floor, he definitely hit his head. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Miles opens his eyes, then looks upon the others. Tears still falling down his scarred face. The body of his, screaming in agony. Unable to even breathe without pure pain and distress taking over all his senses.

A bunch of spidey medical professionals come running through a portal with a portable emergency bed and medical kit.

They put the bed down beside miles, preparing to lift the boy onto it. Miguel tries to carefully put his hands underneath miles legs and a hand around his back. She tries to lift when miles starts screaming.

"STOP!! STOP!!! OW!!" He whimpers then sobs.

"it's okay.. we're trying to help you.." Miguel sighs. Very frustrated he couldn't have stopped this from happening. The poor kid is severely injured.

Miguel gently lays him down on the bed and restrains are put around his arms so miles doesn't fall off the bed whilst travelling. Same for torso and legs.

The kid doesn't stop crying in pain, his body isn't letting him stop. Even when hushed sweet comforting words, his mind is foggy and not letting him stop sobbing for even a second.

His body feeling the skin peel and burn with each breath, each moment that passes. He feels like he's dying. Maybe death is better than this torturing, violent, agony he's forced to deal with.

Gwen is right beside him, worry taking over her mind, she knows miles will be okay - he has to be, he's strong. She won't think overwise - however the anxiety twists her stomach and makes her more clingy to miles than usual - and she's usually clingy with him anyway so when she's this attached and tied to the boy, everyone in the room weren't oblivious. It was so obvious, too obvious.

Gwen doesn't care, all she cares for right now is helping miles to the infirmary, to stay by him no matter what. Unlike last time - she is actually going to do so.

She doesn't care what anyone will say. Not Miguel, not her father, no no one. Miles will be okay, he has to be.