forgiveness after the storm

Context: after what happened, Miguel demands a chat with his son he deeply scarred emotionally.

-

"Um.. you called me?" Miles voice is shaky from Miguel's office door.

"Niño, tenemos que hablar de lo que pasó" Miguel's voice looks at miles face with concern.
(Kiddo, we need to talk about what happened)

"está bien"
(It's fine)

"pequeña araña, no es"
(Little spider, it's not)

Miles sighs and looks down. He fidgets.

Miguel speaks carefully, "Lo siento niño, lo que dije .. Nunca quise decir nada de eso." (im sorry kid, what I said.. i never meant any of it.)

"Wow gracias. buena charla Es bueno saber que no soy una decepción para todas las dimensiones que existen." (wow thanks. good chat. good to know i'm not a disappointment to every dimension out there.)

"Kid.." Miguel sighs, hands on his hips.

"NO!! Leave me alone!!" Miles runs out and fast. Quickly swinging through the air with his spider webs. His body shakes and trembles. Tears shakily flows down his cheeks and he feels his body struggle to breathe. He knows he's in trouble now for running but he doesn't care. He doesn't want to be vulnerable in front of anyone. Not again.

"MILES!! ¡¡por favor!! ¡¡No puedo perder a otro hijo mío!! ¡Solo déjame hablar!" (MILES!! please!! I can't lose another kid of mine!! Just let me talk!)

Miles stops and clenches his fists.

The strong man continues, "Sé que lo que te hice fue imperdonable, y nunca espero que me perdones. Solo sé que estoy aquí para mostrarte cuánto lo siento. que quiero arreglar mis errores. Quiero ser un mejor padre. por favor pequeña araña..." (i know what i did to you was unforgivable, and I dont ever expect you to forgive me. just know that im here to show you how sorry i am. that i want to fix my wrongs. i want to be a better father. please little spider.)

Miles slowly turns around and looks at Miguel. For once he sees tears go down the strong man's face. He hasn't seen him ever cry. Ever.

"Please kid.." Miguel mumbles. "I don't want you to run off and get yourself hurt. I really care about you kid-" miles interrupts him by hugging him tightly. Soft, shaky sobs come out the young spider's mouth. Miguel seems taken back, since he hasn't been given a hug in.. ages. However not even a few seconds later does he wraps his strong arms around the kid and holds him protectively. The longer the hug went on for the more awkward it felt for Miguel due to his height. So he does something he hasn't done in years.

He lifts his child up into his arms so miles legs are clinging onto his waist like his arms that are clinging around his neck. The young spider shifts his face so it's hidden in his chest, then releases the most heartbreaking sob ever.

Even this tall man heart, breaks. He hurt this kid so much. But now, he will try to recover this spider. He will do whatever it takes to be forgiven, even if he knows he doesn't deserve it. He wants to protect his kiddo. And that is what he will do.