• 29 •

MILLIE POV

They played poker, the six men left to guard us. They played it for hours, polluting the room in a cigarette smoked haze.

They were drinking too, men and alcohol raised my guard up by at least ten feet but it didn't matter how frightened I felt, this was my only chance and I was going to shoot my shot.

"You're insane Millie, the walls would have to crumble before we even had a chance at escaping. If we get caught trying, who knows what Hendrix will do to us."

"He'll kill us but I'm already dead Alyssa. I would rather risk dying than go on to live another day here. So, how do we make those walls crumble?"

She glanced over at the men who were completely oblivious to anything outside of their poker game.

"They might not crumble," she began, that hope twinkling away in her eyes because she had it, the plan fully perfected in her brain. "But they can surely burn."

I looked over at the men, cigarettes lay against ashtrays, smoke coiling into the air like incense. They seemed to be chain smoking, packets just lay strewn on the tables, lighters poking out of the little boxes.

Like magnets everything pulled together in my own mind. She was honestly suggesting we burn this place to the ground, from the inside.

"They would have to evacuate, right?" She explained. "Us included? Hendrix ordered them to guard us, protect us even. They would have to get us on the outside and away from the burning mansion."

"But what if they don't?" I doubted. "What if they trap us inside and we burn to ashes with the rest of the house? Are we really willing to literally put our lives into the hands of these dirtbags?"

"I thought you were willing to risk anything?" She raised a brow at me and I nodded. "Look, we have a better chance of getting away if we're outside of these walls and everyone is distracted by the chaos of a house fire and besides, it would draw attention. A neighbour or someone would call the fire department. We'll tell them they abducted us. The only issue is, how do we get close enough to get their lighters?"

I looked at the men, they were overweight losers with nowhere else to be on a Friday night. Cheeto fingers left cheese crumbs on his cards, the one with a severe case of smokers lung kept digging inside his ear then proceeded to investigate the wax beneath his fingernails with his teeth and the only decent looking one sweated so profusely I assumed he had a gland problem.

Point is, I doubted any of these guys had a woman waiting for them back at home.

"You know, my body has been used against my will for the pleasure of men in this place. I'll be damned if I don't use it for myself to suit my own advantage."

"Hendrix would never let them touch us."

"Hendrix isn't here." She breathed in deeply like she was preparing herself.

Maybe it was a lot to put on her, asking her to help me seduce these men. After all, she had been through everything I had been through and more.

Maybe it was a lot to put on me, I didn't want them touching me. Hell I didn't want them looking at me and yet I still parade myself in front of them in my underwear because I have nothing else.

It was easier for me, I had incentive. My tunnel vision was set towards getting back to Everly and River, if he even still wanted me after all of this. Alyssa didn't have anybody else. No family to rush back to, no home so this risk was bigger for her.