Chapter 22

AN: Hope you enjoy reading~

-

Chapter 22:

The walk back to re-join the others was done in silence, but Killia appeared significantly calmer, which made Samuel feel relieved and accomplished. He had no knowledge of what had occurred prior to his arrival, but his presence had given Killia the peace he needed, so he supposed it did not matter.

Everyone had gathered in the area that Samuel had entered through the portal. Even Seraphina and Red Magnus. Though the latter seemed to have fallen victim to a series of gunshots once more. He was a favourite victim of hers, after all. And she likely took her anger out on him after not being able to locate Killia.

Poor Red Magnus.

"Killia! Samuel! You're back," Usalia was the first to greet them, sincerely happy to see them.

Christo regarded them with a curious gaze. "Is everything all right?"

"Yeah," Killia replied, his tone apologetic. "I'm sorry for worrying everyone."

Zeroken smiled a cheerful, wolfish grin. "Alright, Bro seems to be back to normal."

"I knew Samuel could do it, plip," Usalia added with a sagely nod.

Ah, so it was Usalia's idea, was it?

Seraphina, however, was less than pleased. No surprise, there. "Speaking of which; why are you here?"

"I asked him to come," Usalia revealed without a hint of fear. Naturally, as she had no fear of being on the receiving end of Seraphina's guns. "Killia just needed his Emotional Support Samuel."

Samuel lifted a hand to his mouth to make it appear that he was biting back a laugh but was really attempting to hide his face to fend off a blush that no doubt flared across his cheeks.

Though, he did not exactly mind being referred to as such. Besides, she was just joking.

A joke that made the frown on Seraphina's lips deepen.

He was not going to be petty and antagonistic.

"You're welcome, by the way."

Ok, maybe a little.

"I'm glad that Killidia has been suppressed for now," Christo began, his expression becoming stoic. "The spear is just ahead."

And if Killia was right about Bloodis loitering about, so was he.

"Samuel."

Samuel turned his head toward Killia and nodded. "Alright, I'll head back to the Pocket Netherworld now." He reached into his back pocket. "I have my teleporter with me."

He retrieved the teleporter and walked a little aways from the group. But as he did so, he turned and caught Killia's gaze, giving him a pointed look. "Remember your promise."

Killia gave him a small smile. "I remember."

Samuel nodded, satisfied with that before he turned his attention to the others. "You guys be careful, too, alright? I'll be waiting for you on the main bridge."

He received a chorus of affirmations and promises of safe returns from the others. He waved before he turned his attention toward the teleporter, about to activate it.

Only to sense an overwhelming, dominating presence directly behind him.

He snapped his head up, only for an arm to wrap around his throat and a hand to snatch his wrist, twisting it so that he dropped the teleporter in response. The pressure around his throat and collarbone caused his eyes to close on their own accord. He instinctively reached up to tug at the arm around his throat, only for his hand to touch the cold, harden steel of black armour.