Chapter 24

AN: Hope you enjoy reading~

-

Chapter 24:

A chill raced down Killia's spine when he heard Samuel release a harsh, bone-chilling scream of pure anguish. It...he...didn't know what to do. He had never heard such a sound from anyone, from anything before in his life.

And to hear it from Samuel himself. It hurt. Not to his ears, but to his chest. To his very heart.

Samuel...shouldn't bare such pain.

Killia's concern and fear increased tenfold when a dark, powerful energy suddenly enveloped Samuel, swirling around him like a tornado and stealing him from view.

That...was that how it appeared when he had unleashed Killidia?

"Samuel!"

"Yes, that's it!" Hellekin shouted, laughing manically. "That's it, Samuel! Give into the darkness! Give into the madness!"

Killia whirled around to face him. "You! What are you trying to do?!"

Hellekin creakily angled his head to face him first before turning his body around. "What am I trying to do? I'm trying to make the ultimate demonic entity. By destroying the angelic half of a halfling, the demon side is empowered further. By suppressing the light, the darkness deepens. Do you understand what I am getting at?"

Killia took a half step backwards at Hellekin's blatant honesty. That...that could not be possible, could it? Not with someone like Samuel.

A strong pulse of energy caused Killia to immediately turn back to the dense darkness that had had enveloped Samuel.

The mist slowly dissipated, and a figure began to emerge.

It...it was Samuel, but he was different. He had changed. Three feathered black wings protruded from his back, from his right shoulder blade. The white of his right eye was pitch black, and the iris was an alarming, ominous red. His left eye was clamped closed, for whatever reason. He stood in a slightly hunched stance, his left arm hanging limply by his side.

And in his right hand, hanging limply by what he assumed was the throat, was the Snap Draingon that took Ronny's life.

"S-Samuel?" Killia stuttered.

Samuel didn't respond to him, however.

Instead, as the Snap Draingon started to flounder in his grip, he tightened his hold on it and it suddenly burst into flames. It shrieked and flailed violently, only to crumble to ash. Disappearing into nothingness.

As the Snap Draingon faded away, the others that still remained began to respond, each of them screeching out the last words of their victims.

Samuel tilted his head toward the other Snap Draingons, his right-hand twitching. The screeching grew louder, and he winced. Both his hands suddenly flew up to his head to cover his ears and he bent forward at the waist, staggering backwards as if he was in pain.

"Shut up...shut up...shut up...shut up!" He threw his head back as he screamed. "All of you just shut up!"

His three black feathered wings flared from his back as he pulled his arms from his head and lifted them up over his head. With his palms facing each other, a spark of fire quickly turned into a large ball of flame.

Samuel slammed his foot into the ground as he took a step forward. And threw the fire ball toward the field of Snap Draingons.

"Die!"

Killia raised his arms in front of him defensively, digging in his heels as an energy shockwave blasted around him. He felt the heat of the flames and he clamped his eyes shut and gritted his teeth as he weathered the attack.