Chapter 5

( Winters POV )

It was a long walk back to our HQ at WhiteHaven. We managed to catch up with the rest of the Frost Bite Legion further up the path.

Well....what was left of it anyway.

Even though we got every soldier out of that fight, we still suffered great losses during the retreat.

I was tired, as were Haxsaul Bravo and Techno. We were low on ammo, grenades, and our stomachs were starving. It felt like we hadn't  eaten in days.

But I'm not sure I could eat without thinking about Havoc. My squad felt broken and incomplete without him. He was the one who made us stronger, stick together, and work harder!

The worst part was I wasn't able to get ahold of his Code Tags.

(A Code Tag is given to every clone that manages to graduate from the training academy's on Kamino.)

The Tag identifies every clones number, generation, and the made up names they gave themselves.

If and when a trooper falls into battle, someone collects their Code Tag and brings it back to be scanned. Then the code is sent to the  Kaminoans to be logged into their systems.

They keep a record of those that are still active and those that are KIA.

Without Havocs Code Tag, he wouldn't be remembered for his sacrifice. No one will know that he even existed.

This war....has taken so much from us. So many brothers have been lost during this conflict. To this day I can still remember the names of my brothers who were killed in battle.

Specter, Condo, Ash, Pike, Spinner, Blindside, Neto, Tango, and now......Havoc. All these loses, and for what?

Come on stay focused. I reminded myself. You have a duty to perform. We have to finish the mission, and we have to protect this planet. Whatever it takes.

While growing up on Kamino, one thing I learned while in training, is that every time you get knocked down-you get back up.

A soldier only loses a battle if he chooses to stay down and admit defeat. I don't except defeat. I'm a fighter, and I will keep on fighting until I breath my last.

************

We made it to the capital. The rest of the men who escaped the battle were being attended to my medical units. Some clones were on stretchers, some were being bandaged up, and some were being........buried.

( WhiteHaven: Capital City of Draco 1 )

The four of us walked up to the front gates. They weren't open yet so we decided to make ourselves comfortable for the time being.