Saeko Busujima

Join me on Patreon to unlock exclusive fanfics and early access to future chapters! Support my work and be part of the journey. Visit the link below to show your support and dive into the exciting world of my stories!:

[patreon.com/Eros_Lord]

—————————————————————————

Passing through the torii gate, marking the entrance to the sacred grounds, Saeko and Nagi ventured deeper, reaching the majestic main shrine building. Its architecture showcased the timeless beauty of traditional Japanese design, with a steep, gracefully curved roof adorned with intricate wooden carvings.

With a smooth sliding motion, Saeko opened the shrine's doors and stepped inside, her footsteps echoing softly on the polished wooden floors. Nagi followed closely, gently closing the doors behind them, shutting out the outside world.

Inside, the flickering candles cast dancing shadows that gracefully waltzed across the sacred space, illuminating the solemnity within. Delicate paper lanterns, intricately crafted, suspended from the ceiling, emanating a soft, warm radiance that invited solace and contemplation.

Saeko settled on the tatami mat while Nagi began to explore the shrine, searching for anything that could be of use. After finding some dry clothes for her, he informed her, "Your clothes are done drying. I'll wait behind the curtain until you're done."

Unperturbed by her silence, Nagi retreated behind the curtain, seating himself with closed eyes. He pondered how to address their current predicament. Saeko, in her current state, posed a risk to their safety.

Yet, he understood that something significant must be affecting her to warrant such behavior. When he opened his eyes again, a sense of clarity shone within them as he arrived at a solution."I'm done," Saeko's small voice reached Nagi's ears.

Rising from his position, Nagi settled himself on the floor, lying in silence with his gaze fixed on the ceiling. Yes, that was it. As some of you may have discerned, Nagi's solution to the prevailing circumstances was silence.

Silence creates a sense of anticipation and tension in a conversation or interaction. When used strategically, it can make others uncomfortable and increase their eagerness to fill the silence with information or concessions.

Humans are generally uncomfortable with silence, especially in social settings. Silence can make people feel uneasy, self-conscious, or even anxious.

Exploiting this discomfort can give the impression that something is amiss or that there is more to be revealed, which can manipulate others into divulging information or complying with requests.

By employing silence, a person can exert a sense of authority and control over a situation. Remaining silent can project an air of confidence, dominance, or mystery, which may unnerve others and cause them to question their own positions or motives.

In this way, silence can give the person using it a psychological advantage. Silence is a powerful form of nonverbal communication. It can convey a range of emotions, such as disapproval, disappointment, or contemplation, without the need for words.

By strategically using silence, one can influence the emotional atmosphere of a situation, prompt introspection, or create a space for others to reveal their thoughts or vulnerabilities. And indeed, this was precisely what Nagi was doing.

Nagi's intention was not to force information out of Saeko, whom he respected. Instead, he wanted to create an environment where she felt comfortable enough to voluntarily share her reasons for acting the way she was.

Just as he wouldn't appreciate someone forcefully prying into his own affairs, Nagi understood the importance of allowing Saeko to open up willingly. It was a form of indirect manipulation, not to exploit her but to create a space where she might choose to share willingly and of her own accord. And above all else, Saeko was a valuable ally.