First Encounter

Roaming around aimlessly in what seems like extended hallways hurts everything existing in my head. I've been here in this treacherous dimension for awhile, but there are moments when I lose my hope. Today, sadly, is one of those moments. I don't even know where I am. I have a journal filled with documented levels, and yet I can't describe the one I'm currently in. I don't know if the M.E.G are aware of this level and are currently documenting it, but all I know is that I want out.

It's been twenty minutes so far and there is no sign of leaving this place. God, I wish no-clipping was a guaranteed safe option, but I might end up in a worse situation. I don't feel like accidentally pushing myself into Level "!" right now. Not after last time. I miss being back in the real world where I didn't have to worry about monsters lurking every corner. Speaking of corners, this place is filled with them. It isn't Level 0, but it seems it could be related somehow. I keep experiencing hallucinations, such as noticing a dark, shadowy figure staring at me from the corner of my eye. Every time I turn to look, the creature is gone.

Reminds me of when I was young and always believed a humanoid figure loved to watch me in a hidden area as I slept. Mom always told me that monsters weren't real, but in here mom, they are. God, I just want someone to be here with me right now. This is what happens when you decide that you are finally comfortable and can take care of yourself in this world, so you journey on your own like you have a guardian angel watching over you at all times. I don't know if I'll even see my friends again. This place is totally different from any other level I've been in.

I'm tired of this aimless walking and constant paranoia. My feet ache and my legs feel numbness from this constant running around. I can't take it, I'm sitting down. I just remembered that I have three bottles of almond water in the leather bag I carried on me. I don't think they'll be necessary anymore. I just feel like finally letting myself calm down and relax my shoulders. This place is hell, and I want to find myself in heaven. I believe it's finally time to rest. Forever.

Wait. Something just crunched below my feet. I opened my eyes and turned my attention towards the cause of the sound. Somebody left a single piece of scrap paper here. That must mean that someone else traveled here before me. That actually makes me feel much more safer. So there is a way out of this mind game prison. My curiosity got the best of me, and I took the scrap. I was surprised to see lettering on it. There was only one word on the scrap, and it read with very elegant handwriting,"Blanche". Blanche? Who is Blanche?

Wait, I remember hearing my friends talking about her. The way they described her made her appear as a goddess, or a mother even. But if can remember correctly, they claimed that she was an entity. An entity making people feel safe enough that they bring up relations between her and their mothers? If miracles truly exist, this is one of them. I just stared cluelessly at the word plastered perfectly in the center. I kept repeating her name in my head. Blanche... it is a pretty and rather unique name.

I took my finger and started lightly brushing the word, staring at it with a gentle feeling of curiosity inside. The handwriting just looked so satisfying and alluring. How could someone's handwriting be so complicated and yet they master it so perfectly? Oh, I must be starting to fall into madness now. Everything around me is starting to shift, like two different colored slimes being stirred together. Everything was melting into itself, and the surrounding area started to change, almost as if it's becoming another level.

Wait. This... doesn't feel right. Is this place actually becoming a new level? Do I have to suffer here longer because of this level's newfound consciousness? Only levels that are deemed to be "alive" can perform absurd actions like this. Or so I thought. I stared at the surrounding picture in awe. The level seemed to be becoming more elegant every second. All I could do is remain stiff on the floor looking dumbfounded. Finally, the level became more distinguishable, and I recognized the characteristics of a library.

Finally, the rooms shifting came to a cease. I admired the newly constructed level around me. The furniture was something that you wouldn't dare try to ruin, the massive shelves were filled with endless amounts of novels and the room was filled with elegant colors. Was I alone here? How can something go from so creepy and fearful turn into something as beautiful as this? I don't know why, but the strange feeling of something being aware of my presence crept up my spine, making me shiver.

It must be more of those ridiculous illusions. I was still in the same level after all, right? I don't know how long I was sitting there gawking, because I eventually heard a voice. A woman's voice. Oh god, I'm not alone. Wait, it's probably another wanderer. But if I'm wrong, it could be a bloodsucking monster. Either way, I wasn't risking it. I practically forced my legs to cooperate with me due to how exhausted they are from walking for what seemed like hours. I must have looked like a bumbling idiot to whoever watched me do that to only fall face first seconds after. I hear the voice again. This time it's closer. I'm panicking now. Not a great feeling to have here, but it does put you under pressure, and pressure strangely helps in situations where you have to run.

Giving my legs a second go, I ran almost flawlessly. I turned the nearest corner that lead to me to a hallway of novels. I noticed that the shelves traveled down to what seemed to be an endless pathway. So, I'm in another maze? Great. When I tell you that I flung myself across the room from the sudden voice I heard earlier appear much closer to my person, I flung hard. No matter how long I've been in the Backrooms, an undocumented level or a level I'm unfamiliar with is enough to make me go into a fearful frenzy. The voice is farther now. What's odd is that I couldn't make out anything it tried to say. It almost makes me feel bad for not giving it a chance to interact, but you can't trust anything here.

Every corner I turned and every single hiding place I found only resulted in the voice sounding close, as if it always knew where I was. This endless game of cat and mouse didn't last long though, because suddenly my body went completely stiff and I was incapable of moving my limbs. What in the actual hell? What just happened? I can't even move my head! What even is this? And there goes the voice again, and this time, I can decipher its words. It said,"Please, calm yourself. I can assure you that I am not a threat." Why is she speaking so... gently? A sudden voice in my head told me that this was a facade and she's trying to fool me into believing her.

You can't trust anyone here. She spoke again. "The last thing I want is my guest to feel uncomfortable." The voice is so soft, gentle, and alluring it's almost convincing. But this next thing she did was crossing my comfort zone, because she spoke this directly into my ear,"Now, I'll let you go, and we can talk things over with warm, fresh tea." Why was she so close!? If I could move my body, I would shiver. Suddenly, I could control my body once more, only for me to tumble immediately. Before my face could meet the floor, something grabbed me by the arm. It gently wrapped their arms around me and carefully placed me back on my feet. I was too petrified to look behind me to identify the person. Turns out, she did it for me.

Both hands on my shoulders, she carefully turned me around like I was a fragile puppy. I only saw chest at first, but she placed two soft fingers on my chin and lifted my head. I couldn't believe how inhumanely beautiful the woman standing before me was. I noticed the features of her face. Her fair skin, golden hair, and thin pink lips, but then I noticed her eyes. Her baby blue eyes. They were almost giving off a radiant glow as they stared into mine. They were giving off no intent of harming me. In fact, that was the most gentle look anyone has ever given me. "Now, please follow me to our seats, and I'll explain things from there. You seem to be unfamiliar with this place, after all." I let her soft spoken words and luring eyes get to me, and I gladly did as ordered. Crap.