Questions

"To start things off, allow me to introduce myself. I prefer to be called 'Blanche'." A ting of shock arouse in me. The name on the scrap, this is her? Oh man, I've been fearing the woman that everybody loves. I feel more stupid than before. The name truly does fit her. An elegant name for an elegant woman. "Dear, is there something on your mind?" Her sudden words snapped me out of my head. "Oh, n-no Miss," I barely say in a whisper. It's about time that I rearrange myself and gain the confidence to speak. I've done this with many entities before, and she's no different. "But nice to meet you, Blanche. I would share my name, but that data is classified." Her face shifted into a more gentle expression. "I understand, but never be afraid to share it in the meantime. I'm not like the other entities here, deceiving and dangerous, that is."

I nodded. She's aware of other entities as well. It's possible that wanderers share their data with her. This would be the perfect time to interrogate her, but I'm positive someone performed that before me. I say,"So, you're admitting that you're an entity?"

"Well, I would prefer myself in other terms, but I am indeed not human, therefore I am classified as an entity."

"Interesting."

She suddenly smiles, which makes me slightly shiver for some reason.

"I see that you're gaining more confidence in your speech." she said. That slightly embarrassed me.

"Sorry about that. I've never been here before and I can be a little untrusting of others." She nods. "By the way, how did you... I mean what was..." I say as I point to the tea pot. She quietly giggles. "For me, materializing properties is fairly simple." she answered. I nod again. The ability to materialize properties is very interesting and powerful. I don't recall any entity that I know of that can perform that. "Also, I apologize for startling you with my, "unique", ability," she said. "The ability to hear your thoughts is rather difficult to control, therefore allowing me to hear surface thoughts. I would never purposefully enter your mind without your permission." I looked at the green delicious green tea in my hand.

"Then how did you know that I like green tea?" I asked. "Oh yes, I forgot to mention that when I do enter the mind without the bearers permission, it's to become acknowledgeable of things that bring them discomfort or delectables they like to consume. Therefore, explaining why I knew that you would enjoy that brand of tea." She really does appear as a gentle and kind woman, but the idea of someone roaming my mind freaks me out. I have to be careful of what I think.

I continued slurping the deliciousness as my eyes caught something around her neck. It was a perfect shade of blue, sparkling with a cyan glow. An amulet? Or it could be a plain necklace, but assuming what Blanche is and how protective she is on human safety, it could be. Apparently she caught me staring and said,"Oh, this? This is something that I give to the ones I feel a strong connection to in closeness. Take my assistant Tom for example."

She has an assistant? Is he an entity too? I looked around but there was no sight of this "Tom". I aimed my attention back to her and asked,"Is he an entity too?"

"Oh, no. He is indeed human." Wow. A human working for an entity. Honestly, I am intrigued by this. I have never seen nor heard a person placing themselves as an assistant for an entity. This Blanche truly is something. I looked down at my cup. It was empty. Well that sucks. Not only was it so friggin good, it secretly helped me avoid eye contact with her. I gently put the cup down and faced the alluring eyes of the entity.

They were so calm and collected with a hint of gentleness. Shaking my attention off of that, I asked,"What is this place?"

"This, dear, is my home, or better known as the Cygnus Archive." Cygnus Archive... never heard of it. "Here you can find the tales of past and present wanderers whom shared their magnificent stories. You can share your tales and get your own book as well." Looking back at the bookshelves, there were a crap ton of them. I don't know if they were all stories created by people whom unfortunately got trapped in the Backrooms, but if there are this many tales from them, than a lot of people know Blanche. This sucks, how come I didn't know about this interesting entity?

"Also, I would be more well known if leaving here was an option," she suddenly spoke. "This Archive is how I can put, a part of me." So she's trapped here? Honestly, I wouldn't be complaining. This place looks so enchanting. Speaking of, I haven't journaled this place down yet. I reached for my book bag beside my chair. Nothing. I tried the other side. Nothing. I looked behind me. Oh no. I swear to god, my bag better have been dragged with me here.

I stood up hurriedly, only to plop back down. My legs remained uncomfortable, feeling like sticks and noodles. I tried to get up again, but felt a soft hand touch my shoulder. Somehow Blanche appeared behind me. "Dear, you need to rest. You must have had a real troublesome time during your wanders." She placed her other hand on another shoulder. I blinked for a literal second and I found myself sitting on a bed in a room. Just like the rest of the Archive, the bedroom looked cool. Honestly, if I tried getting up now I would end up falling back down. Plus, Blanche wouldn't let me leave.

Following as ordered and needed, I gently lifted my legs to rest on the mattress facing towards the foot of the bed. I placed my head on the worlds softest pillow and covered myself in the most comfortable blanket. Damn, I miss the real world.