Chapter 2~ Trip to Bahrain

Lily POV

My alarm went of it , it is currently 2:00am so early but I was so excited today we was heading to Bahrain to get prepared for the first race of the season. I heard a knock on my door.

"You awake Lily?" Asked Lando.

"Yepp I am don't you worry." I replied and then got my self up out of bed and began to make my way towards my wardrobe. Today I needed a comfy outfit due to a day of travel, also had to make sure I had a hat on to make myself not as recognisable,

 Today I needed a comfy outfit due to a day of travel, also had to make sure I had a hat on to make myself not as recognisable,

I brushed my teeth and made my way down the stairs to where Lando was stood waiting for me.

"Took you long enough." He said to me.

"Well I'm here now arnt I." I said back to him he just rolled his eyes. We got into the car and began to make our way to the airport.
I was excited normally I'm going to drive with F2 but now I'm driving with F1 it's such an achievement.

I put on my headphones and began to listen to some music too pass the time.

"We are hear you two!" Said the driver.

"Thank you." I said while leaving the car and grabbing me luggage out from the boot. Lando did the same and we walked into the airport with a mask and hat trying the best to not get noticed. We went towards the checkin area and no one was in line weird.

"I told you it was a good idea to come early." Spoke Lando to which I rolled my eyes at.

"Lando we literally have a private plane mate." I said to him.

"Don't call me mate sis" he said while smacking the back of my head.

"Ouch!" I replied and did it back to him.

"You two need to seriously stop hitting each other." Said a familiar voice I turned around and saw Charles and Arthur.

"Well hello!" I said to them both with a smile.

"Ahh yeah sorta forgot to tell you they were flying with us." Spoke Lando scratching the back of his neck.

"By the way Lily can't wait to race against you this season." Said Charles I nodded and we was already checked in and on our way towards the plane. We all hoped on and Lando and Charles sat across from each other while me and Arthur did the same.

"It's gonna be weird not seeing you in the Prema Garage anymore." He said to me while I clipped myself in.

"Yeah but since we will be driving still on the same weekends I will visit you and bearman often and I know that your driving for DAMS this year in Formula 2 so good luck you better win!" I said to him and he smiled at me.

"I sure will try." He replied.

"Is everyone ready to go!" Asked the Pilot.

"Yep we are!" Lando shouted back. I layed back in my seat and looked out the window I have always loved the view as the plane takes off because everything becomes smaller and smaller. I put in my AirPods and listened to one of my favourite YouTubers JackSucksAtStuff he was really funny and I hope one day we can invite him to a race. It wouldn't take long but after I watched Jack I just listened to different artists like Straykids, The Boyz , Harry Styles , the vamps and Lana del ray. I know that's quiet the ratio but Ahh well.

"Omg do you know what I just realised." Said Lando to all us.

"The two smallest people on the grid are on the same team." He spoke while laughing I just rolled my eyes it is true but seriously.

"Ohhh Yeahh they are the small team!" Replied Charles now everyone was laughing.

"Wait until we tell the rest of the grid. That's our mission for the weekend to get everyone to call them the small team." Lando said while giving Charles a High five. I just blocked them out and carried on listening to my music when the speakers came on.

"We are going to began our land so please buckle up." Said the pilot I had mine on already since I had never taken it off I feel safer with it on. I looked out the window and watched as the things that were small became bigger. The land was a bit rough but that's normal and soon we unbuckled and made our way out the plane.

"Thank you!" I said waving to the pilots as we left.

"Your welcome!" They said waving back at me. I smiled and made my way off the plane and then went or collect our luggage from the staff. When we arrived into the main area of the airport luckily there was only a few fans waiting for us outside the arrivals. So I signed a few alpha Tauri hats along with a few McLaren ones.

"Good luck this season Lily us women are always by your side." Said a girl who looked a few years older than me.

"Thank you!" I said while giving her a little hug. I know I'm not really ment to do that but who is watching . After a lot of signing we made our way outside and waved bye to the fans.

"We are going to have to go our separate ways now but see you at the hotel." Said Charles all dramatic  while walking away Arthur just rolled his eyes and bid us goodbye. Me and Lando made our way to the car that had been given to us I guess you could say. Lando sat in the drivers while I sat in the passenger and we was of to the hotel where all the drivers stay.

"I'm excited but nervous for my journey with F1 to begin." I said.

"You will be it's normal I still get that feeling before every race. Plus you are the only female driver in a very long time that has driven in F1. You will do amazing." He said to me while he drove the car but for a second he looked over to me and smiled. I think I can do this I just need to believe in myself.

_____________________

Words: 1051

_____________________