𝒊𝒊. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐧𝐨𝐭-𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞, 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐧𝐞𝐫

𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙝𝙤𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬 - 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡

MARJORIE SAT IN THE BACK OF THE JEEP, TUGGING ON HER CLOTHES. She leaned in the backseat, shifting in her outfit that Rory had practically stuffed her in. She tried making the joke that Rory wanted to wear matching outfits again to try and get her out of the idea of wearing matching outfits, but lo and behold, it didn't work. Majorie knew Rory wanted to make a good impression on her grandparents, she always did, but Majorie herself didn't care much about them. She already knew what Emily Gilmore thought of her. Heck, she didn't even think Emily believed that Majorie was her granddaughter half the time. This Friday night dinner was going to be the reason why she jumped from a window.

Again.

She shifted again, catching the eyes of Lorelai in the rear view mirror. She already knew what her "youngest older daughter" had thought about the dinner. She didn't need a miracle for her to detect the regret Marjorie had for not playing sick or breaking her arm.

"Hey, Miss Jo March." Lorelai looked in the rear view mirror. "I need you to put your grumpiness in your back pocket until we get out. Then you can slaughter us after. Don't need everyone witnessing the murder. I didn't raise you to go to an institute before you could pay me back for all those diapers I had to change."

"I just don't know why I have to go." She grumbled, pulling on her sweater. "I don't even attend Chilton or any of that. Why did they want me? I don't owe them anything."

"I don't know. Maybe she heard the two for three special." She smiled before her tone turned sympathetic. "It's just this one dinner. I'll try and get you out of the next one. Okay, kiddo?" Majorie nodded and Lorelai smiled. "That's my little singer."

Rory snickered, "Plus, if you get stuck in the vent again, we have a reason to see that firefighter again."

Majorie rolled her eyes, recalling the memory, "The one time you try and be a spy at six years old and all of sudden everyone's thanking you for bringing the hot firefighter into the Gilmore household."

The trio laughed along the way to the Gilmore residence in Hartford and then the laughter died down. The three stood quaint in front of the house and Marjorie felt as if her entire body was going to shut down. Her throat closed up and her heart began to accelerate. She never liked being judged so harshly that she broke down nearly every time she entered the house. She contemplated jumping from her mother's bedroom window - she'd done it before.

Not that it ever ended well, but she did get out of that tea party one time.

"No jumping." Lorelai said, gripping her coffee cup as they headed for the door. "If I jump, you jump and I'm not jumping tonight."

"Drat." She mumbled and Lorelai looked back with a smile. "Fine."

Lorelai Gilmore had two very different girls. Rory, the scholar, was the rule follower and the perfect child anyone could want. She ensured that her education was first before anyone. Majorie, the creator, was a rule follower as well and also a perfect child but in lots of ways, she was the opposite of Rory. Majorie reminded Lorelai more of herself than Rory - the sarcasm, the nose, the way she knew every escape route in any house and most of all, her ability to be on her own. A part of Lorelai always feared that Marjorie and her would end up the way her mother and her were because of the independent part in her youngest daughter. She feared that Majorie would find an out and be gone before Lorelai knew what hit her. It wasn't like Majorie, but it was a fear in her mind.