Chapter 1: The Beggining

It was a normal day in the neighbourhood, Chris was strolling to the lake with music coming out of his headphones. And after he arrived at the lake, he sat down at one of the trees and relaxed.

While Chris was relaxing, he heard the voice of a junior calling out his name. He immediately turned his head to look at where the voice was coming from, but there was nothing there. "what was that?" he spoke in a curious tone as he took off his headphones. Chris was curious about the unknown voice but he ended up ignoring it and continued to relax under the tree.

The next morning, Chris woke up from his bed and stretched his hands "Oh man, that was a great nap, I wish I could sleep longer." he stretched his hands. He hated waking up from his bed, especially on Mondays. He rolled his eyes as he started to walk away from his bedroom.

Time went by, and nothing important happened. Later that evening, Chris was doing his work like other workers usually do. He was a young adult who worked as a businessman, he was busy most of the time so he couldn't get to take care of himself as much. He lived alone, his life was boring and lonely. He had friends but he does not have any close friends.

After work, he walked home feeling relieved...He wanted to rest. While walking, he heard the unknown voice from yesterday calling out his name again but this time it was louder.

He then saw a little girl wearing a red T-shirt with short blue jeans standing near the woods ahead of him. She had straight dark-ish brown hair, her hair was average, and her skin was so pale than any other skin tone. Her eyes had no sparkles. It almost seemed like the girl was not.. alive.

Chris stopped at his position and stared at her for a while, he noticed that she had no shadows. He approached the junior, "Are you okay kiddo? Why are you standing here all alone? Where are your parents?" he asked the junior, but there was no response. The youngster suddenly sprints to the woods.

Without hesitation, Chris ran after the kid, the kid was so fast that he couldn't even get to reach her. While running, Chris started to feel tired and unconscious because of the amount of sick he was that day. His body started to feel weak, he slowly stopped running and fainted to the ground.

A few minutes later, he opened his eyes and found himself slowly drowning in a blue, calming and peaceful ocean.

He felt numb, he didn't even have the energy to do anything at that moment, he was still feeling unconscious, he couldn't breathe and his body was not letting him move. His vision was blurry, and he felt nothing. he wasn't sad, angry or happy, he felt 𝗲𝗺𝗽𝘁𝘆. The only thing he thought to himself at that moment was his life had come to an 𝗲𝗻𝗱.

He didn't even try to reach the top,
he was drowning in the deep sea 𝗽𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗲𝗳𝘂𝗹𝗹𝘆. He had always wanted to die, and he finally had his chance for it. Before he closed his eyes, he saw the junior again, the mysterious child he had seen the day before. He watched the child trying to reach him as he slowly started to close his eyes.

"The daycare... Save US. SAVE US!! FREE US!!!" The child spoke as she shook his shoulders in pure fear underwater, Chris opened his eyes in shock and saw himself lying on his bed in his bedroom. "Oh my... God..." He spoke with fear as he began to breathe heavily, he realized that it was all a dream, it was just a bad dream. He let out a big sigh and stood up away from his mattress.

Still, he was curious about the mysterious child he kept seeing in his dreams. He felt like he had seen her somewhere, but he couldn't remember.
"What did that child mean by 'daycare'? What does that place have to do with that child? It just doesn't make any sense. I swear I'd seen her before but I just could not remember." he was curious about that child. He wants to know why she's haunting him in his dreams. Who is that child supposed to be?