Chapter 9

"Young Miss, you could walk through this path."

I am dumbfounded by that request from an interviewer when we met one of them in disguise.

"Am I eliminated?"

It's kinda horrifying the fact that I just walk one minute here and already being chased away.

"It's not like that, Young Miss. It's just that we have different qualifications for both parents and childrens. In terms to prevent any inappropriate actions, we separate this path for our convenience in determinating."

With that explanation, Loid just nodded his head. There's no such nerves in his expression. Yet, his mind talk reverse that.

Sh*t, what the hell is this rules about? Is there any changes that we don't anticipate? F*ck!

What a nice day to hear Loid cursing in his head.

"Alright, Sir. Henceforth, I would part my walk here. Papa, Mama, let's meet in the edge of this road. Bye!"

I directly pass them, I don't even look back to stare what kind of expression that Loid has in his face, neither I care nor want to know about it. With a gasp, I straightly walk to the thin alley that has been streamed by a weak shine of sunlight in the cloudy day. A breeze wind fluidity flow, tenderly  flutter my short pink hair.

It's nice.

Frankly to be said, I like being alone more than trapped with my fake parents.

Loid, indeed he's very nice to me.

But I am in the age of juvenile, it's more like a small journey for being rebellious.

And about Yor...

It's not like I am uncomfortable around her. But she's very timid, seems like she was burdened by many problems to admit this situation.

I don't blame her though, maybe she has certain past with Loid. Maybe she finds herself was entangled to the same schemes that she has been through once.

Maybe this entanglement suffocated her inside, make her stare looks dull and empty. A glimpse of hope slowly vanished from her reddish orbs.

"Hey, stay away from that place."

As my thoughts was dismissed by a sudden call, I looked back and found a young boy there.

He seemed the same age as me. He lied down under the tree that obscured by its shadow, his disheveled brown hair fluttering as the wind pass by and his soft reddish-brown eyes blinking for several times, he was a man bursting with youthful energy.

His eyes were directed only at me, as though he was completely annoyed by this sudden encounter. And I understood him at once—ah, I feel you.

With disinclination voice, the young boy spoke.

"You blocked my view, please move from there."

His hazel eyes, glistening with a translucent luster, caught my attention at once.

The pupils, which were narrowed up until a while ago widened as he looked towards my direction as I walked into to him.

"Is it okay for me standing here, Young Lord?"

The tone I have-almost like I am teasing him right now. It's not accurately true, but partially that's my intention too.

He stop lying down on the green grass, he sat and stared at me with confusion.

"What are you doing?"

“You must be here for Eden Academy's admission, right? It would be good to know each other’s faces. I just want you to remember this face onward.”