Pearls for dinner

"Do we go in or do we just stand here?" It was cold and dark outside the Gilmore house but nevertheless, Lorelai refused to knock on the door, leaving the three girls to stand outside as if reenacting 'the little match girl' Reese pursed her lips in annoyance, the tension was still high between Lorelai and Rory after the whole new boy incident. Rory being willing to give up her academic life for some random guy scared Lorelai which in return embarrassed Rory and just caused a spiral of feelings. To make everything worse we're now going on Friday night dinner at the estranged Gilmore grandparents, Reese didn't hate them at all, in fact, Reese always enjoyed the compliments and gifts she received from the couple. Lorelai did not like them though and more often than not would start fights over the lavish gifts and throw them back at them, much to Reese's annoyance.

"Look I know you and me are having a thing here, and I know that you hate me but we need to be civil," Said Lorelai staring sternly at her youngest child who angrily scoffed, Rory and Lorelai stood side by side right in front of the door leaving Reese to stand behind them and watch with narrow eyes as the two silently bickered. "Rory at least for dinner! then on the way home pull a Menendez" Begged Reese as she pouted her lips and opened her eyes to give off more puppy eyes effect "Would you stop that" chided Rory as she turned away from her sister pleading eyes "Say you agree" with another angry scoff and cross of the arms Rory agreed "Fine, just stop with the eyes" Reese gave a happy smile before brushing through her mother and sister "Finally!" the blonde quickly rang the doorbell and straightened herself out to look presentable, ignoring the irritated looks the two Gilmore girls behind her bore.

The large carved wooden door opened to reveal Emily Gilmore, something unusual as the woman usually had a maid greet guests "Hi Grandma" smiled Reese as she happily stepped into the home "Hi" chirped Rory meekly, stepping away from Lorelai with quick ease and placing herself beside Reese "Well your right on time" Smiled Emily as she began to take the girls coats 
"I can't tell you what a great treat it is to have you girls here" Lorelai still holding her cup of coffee quickly placed a practiced smile on her face "Oh well we're excited to be here too" Rory and Reese shared a look of amusement as they watched their mother and grandmother interact. "Is that a collector's cup or can I throw it away for you?" asked Emily her eyes judging the large paper cup being held in her daughter's hand and Lorelai's head went flying in search of a garbage can. Once she had spotted one before she could even turn to take a step she was stopped "In the kitchen" said Emily earning a short sorry from Lorelai who as soon as her mother left would throw the cup right into that garbage can.

"I want to hear all about Chilton girls"

Emily pulled Reese and Rory alongside her happily as they walked into the drawing room "We haven't really started yet" pointed out Rory with a sweet laugh "But we're very excited" Said Reese with a smile as they entered the room where they're grandfather sat reading a newspaper "Richard look who's here" announced Emily as she proudly showcased her granddaughters one under each arm. Richard glancing up from his paper, looked up in astonishment "Rory you're tall" was the first thing he said and it was true Rory was the taller twin standing at 5'7 whilst Reese was 5'5 but she was sure she would still grow taller...