Chapter 20

WARNING: HEAVY IMPLICATIONS OF S*XUAL CONTENT TOWARD THE END OF THIS CHAPTER.

NOTES: SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE. I'VE BEEN HAVING SOME HEALTH ISSUES INVOLVING MY HANDS AND WRISTS AND A COLD SO IT'S BEEN A DIFFICULT TIME TO TRY AND DO ANY WRITING. SO AS A LITTLE SNEAK PEAK, I AM AIMING TO END THIS BOOK WITHIN AT LEAST 40 TO 50 CHAPTERS. SO LOOK FORWARD TO IT ALL OKAY?! CAUSE THIS WILL BE IMPORTANT TO A FUTURE MDZS FIC THAT WILL BE COMING

For a good portion of the night, Xie Lian wanders about with his comrades close by. Not once would he be left to his own devices, and that was perfectly fine with him. Whether San Lang were to invite many of them or not, he would have been the one to invite a few of them instead. However, he couldn't help but think about the words that were spread from his partner's lips earlier.

'Two people were spotted....'

He stares up at a massive painting of a towering castle of gold with flower petals showering over the scene. His finger lightly traces the side of a wine glass being held lightly within his hand. He wasn't one for drinking, but he felt that maybe once in a while couldn't hurt. 

'If it's him, then one of the suspects would be Qi Rong, but as for the other person—I'm not sure as to who they could be. And if he did send one of them here to do something to either of us, then more than likely they never left. The question is where are they?'

"Xie Lian?"

Shen Yuan lightly taps on his shoulder with his fan before calling to him once again.

"Xie Lian!"

He snaps out of his thoughts and turns to his young professor.

"Ah, I'm so sorry I got a little distracted."

"Clearly, would you like to talk about what's on your mind? The others are spread out amongst the crowd for the time being in order to really get a scope of the entire area. I decided to stay with you."

Xie Lian smiles, "I appreciate the company."

"It's no issue, so go ahead and talk."

"It's not something I can really tell you without possibly causing some concern."

"Let me guess, it's about what Hua Cheng had said earlier. That's why a few of us are spread out. I can already tell that you've come to the same conclusion. Those two suspects may  be hidden somewhere among the crowd."

"Yes. But if we all are out trying to look for them, then more than likely they will be trying to keep a low profile. If that's the case, then trying to find them is not going to work. We need to act natural if we want them to not suspect that we are onto them."

Shen Yuan nods his head as he swings his hand allowing the fan to open across his face. He sighs lightly and smiles slightly.

"Seriously, you two remind me of us so much..."

Xie Lian turns to him.

"Your partner....?"

"Yes. He was always very cautious, and definitely more so before his arrest, but still fairly caring."

Xie Lian smiles a bit, "Do you miss him?"

"Everyday."

The smile on his face appeared to be filled with a bit of love and sorrow. His professor isn't one to speak so highly about his personal life, especially about his partner. But for the short amount of time that he had known him, he could always tell that his professor was missing something—that something was his partner. He just didn't seem complete without him.

"Um, does he have to do with why you owe San Lang a favor?"

"Correct. And I'm not an idiot, we had our negotiations regarding our deal. And at the end of it all, neither of us will be able to back out of it. So he has no choice." He says with a bit of sly smirk curving at the end of his lip.