𝐢𝐢

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨:

𝐩𝐢𝐳𝐳𝐚!

PETER PARKER DID NOT, in fact, pass out or throw up in the middle of class.

     He stayed relatively quiet, actually. The boy sat behind her throughout their enormously boring math lecture, and she could hear him scribbling notes the whole time. When the bell rang, he had stayed behind to talk to their teacher.

     Astrid's next class was English, her all-time favourite. The teacher, Mr. Grant, was quite possibly the greatest teacher to ever exist.

     If she hadn't wanted to study criminology, she would've studied English. She had originally wanted to be a writer, before Poirot had changed the entire trajectory of her life.

     The class passed by quickly, they were assigned an essay to complete for Tuesday, and were given the majority of class to work on it.

     Astrid put her earbuds in the second she left the building, connecting them to her phone and enjoying the music after a long day of social interaction. She turned the volume up until the chatter of classmates around her was no longer so overwhelming.

     Ever since she was young she had found interacting with others to be borderline unbearable. Astrid's parents had simply attributed it to the fact that she was young and shy, but instead, at 12 years old, she had been diagnosed with social anxiety.

     This meant that her headphones were practically her best friend.

     She shoved her hands in her dark puffer jacket, and blew her blond bangs out of her face. Starman by David Bowie blasted in her ears, as autumn leaves fell around her. Her lips curved up into a little smile.

     She loved moments like these. When she could ignore every little thing around her. Forget the uncertainty of the future and the regrets of the past, and just be.

     Suddenly, she heard a voice from behind her, just barely making it over the loud music. Astrid turned, and quickly paused the music on her phone, pulling out her earbuds.

     "Hey!" Peter Parker called, waving her down. He held his skateboard in one hand, and a book in the other.

     Not just any book, she noted with unease. Her journal.

     Mortification filled her, from the tips of her toes to the roots of her hair. Had he read it? He must think her terribly stupid, after doing so.

     "You left this behind," Peter said, a kind smile adorning his features.

     "What?" She questioned, dumbly.

     "You left it," He repeated. "In math."

     "Oh,"

     "Yeah, I would've, um-" He paused, scratching the back of his neck sheepishly. "I would've gotten it back to you sooner, but I didn't know what class you were in."