CHAPTER X - The Key

__________

"I pull out a small chain with a key

"I pull out a small chain with a key."
_____________

____________
Xaden

"Elaine." I whisper, brushing the hair from her face.

She opens her beautiful blue eyes, her comforting gaze landing on mine. My finger traces her lips, her teeth nipping at my finger.

"Do you know how in love with you I am?" I whisper into her ear.

She blushes, smiling softly. "No, tell me." She says breathlessly.

I kiss her neck, her skin soft against my lips. I brush her hair from the nape of her neck as my lips move down to her collarbone. She giggles, her blush increasing.

"So ticklish." I mutter against her skin.

Her arms wrap around my neck and I grab her thighs, pulling her upright. My bare chest presses up against hers. Her hair is messy from sleep and her eyes are still heavy from being closed.

"This never gets old." She says, leaning her forehead against mine. "I love knowing that you are mine."

I press another kiss to her neck. "I am completely and utterly yours."

She looks down at me, her eyes bright. I am so in love with her. I am in love with her eyes, her hair, her lips. Man I love those lips.

Her expression changes, as if she realizes that this moment won't last. Her eyes glint with sadness.

"Don't think about that." I say, shaking my head.

Her shoulders slump. "Xaden—"

I put my fingers to her lips. "No. I will find a way to not go to that terrible school."

"You know you can't get out of it." She says, not meeting my eyes.

"I will find a way." I say confidently. "I will not go, I will not leave you."

She gives me a sad smile. "I love you, Xaden."

That is all she says before laying her head upon my chest. I rub her back, savouring the feeling of her body against mine.

I worry that my mornings with her are limited.

My memories hit me with full force.