𝐢. the beach house

☾⋆。𖦹 𓆉 °✩

___________________

    i sat on the porch with jeremiah, waiting for the conklins to arrive.

he told me about the football season, but i didn't listen, i just sat looked at the birds in the sky.

"are you even listening el?" jeremiah asked me, which made me snap back into reality.

just as i was about to reply, a familiar car drove up the driveway.

"jere!" steven called out while exiting the car.

as the two reunited, i noticed conrad staring at me.

he had been acting weird for months, distant. but i assumed it was nothing, or it was just some sort of form of being upset.

as soon as belly got out the car, i ran up and hugged her. she didn't have glasses anymore, and she dropped the braces aswell.

"i missed you so much bells!" i said while hugging her.

"i missed you to ellie!" belly said while pulling out of the hug, she was practically my best friend.

as soon as belly left to go talk to jeremiah, i went and hugged laurel.

"hello ellie," laurel said with a smile. I saw the bags of stuff she was carrying.

"you seriously don't have to buy groceries, we have them already." i told her, which was true.

she opened her mouth to speak but steven interrupted before she could

"guys, i think it's time for a-" he paused for a moment, "BELLY FLOP!" he screamed.

belly tried to run away but we were able to grab her.

as jeremiah, conrad, and steven picked her up and ran to the pool, i think I might even saw a smile forming on his lips.

"ouch, my ankle!" belly said, right after they threw her into the pool, "i think i twisted it!"

she shot me a quick wink and asked the boys, "can someone help me out?"

I stepped back as belly grabbed conrad's arm and pulled him in the water with her.

we all burst out laughing and belly looked like she had just won the olympics.

as the two got out the water and dried up, i walked inside to see my mom and laurel talking.

"hey mom, hey laurel." i said.

"hey sweetie!" susannah told me as i walked up the stairs.

as i hopped on my bed, i looked out the window.

i would kill to have a view like this all year long.

while i was daydreaming, belly walked into my room.

"oh hey bells, what's up?" i asked.

"is there going to be a bonfire tonight?" belly said while sitting on my bed.

"yeah, why? you never go to bonfires?" i replied, confused. plus, the boys were overly protective of belly, even though i was only a few months older than her.

"i was thinking of going." belly told me, "taylor told me i should." she added.

taylor came to the beach house a couple of times, just for certain occasions. she was belly's best friend.

"sure, if you want. ill take you." i replied.

"oh, and, taylor is coming tomorrow, she would've came with us but she was
busy. she's staying for the whole summer i think" belly said in the doorway of my room.