𝟎𝟎: 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 !

𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄 𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐑𝐊𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐘 𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃 𝐀 𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐘.

ever since their mothers introduced them to each other in the first grade, they became inseparable. they went through the early stages of life together and even went through the awkward phase of puberty together.

but then, something changed. sometime between eighth grade and freshman year, malorie distanced herself from rory. little by little, before ultimately ghosting her. rory never understood why or how they so quickly went from friends to strangers, but she never bothered questioning it, because, well, it was just complicated.

malorie knew exactly why she did it, and she wasn't particularly proud of it. of course, in the beginning it torture, having to share a small town with someone you completely bestranged, but somehow, the she had gotten used to it.

things seemed to be going fine until malorie found out rory got into chilton preparatory school.

"this is a joke right?" the teenager questioned in disbelief.

malorie's older sister, melodie, shakes her head with an empathetic frown on her face. the news about rory's achievement had been out for a while, but nobody in stars hollow had the gut to tell her until the day before her first day of sophomore year.

"this sucks." malorie huffs as she crosses her arms at the dinner table.

melodie, takes a seat across from malorie and tucks her hair behind her ears. before taking a deep breathe.

"look," she starts, "you and rory aren't friends anymore and i get that, but don't you think you should be happy for her? you know that chilton is a hard school to get into and knowing her, i'm sure she worked her ass off for this."

malorie breaks eye contact with her sister as she glances towards to the ground. she wanted to feel happy for the girl, but no matter how hard she tried she couldn't muster up a single positive emotion about the news.

"i get it." she says, forcing a smile.

the sisters share an uncomfortable silence as they remain seated at the table. malorie knew it would be hard to not bump into her throughout the school. in the three years that they had left to graduate they were bound to have at least one class together. but she'll manage, right?

the older sister gazed at the young girl before grabbing her attention again.

"maybe we can go to the mall after your first day?" she suggests, in an attempt to lighten the mood.

malorie cracks a small, genuine smile. "that's sounds good."

𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄 !

really small, but i figured i needed a quick chapter to kinda layout the groundwork. hope you guys enjoy and i appreciate your support. <33

ALSO... these updates will probably be pretty slow, since i'm about to enter school again.