𝟎𝟏: 𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 !

𝟎𝟏: 𝐀𝐁𝐁𝐀 𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃 !

𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄'𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐅, 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐘

𝐓𝐎 𝐌𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐈𝐄'𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐄𝐅, 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐀𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐔𝐌𝐏𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐎 𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐘. yet. deep down malorie felt like a jerk, since she wasn't at all happy that rory had entered chilton, but she had to admit, she did try her hardest to be positive about the situation.

her first day of tenth grade had gone smoothly, that was until lunch, when she met up with her friend, tristan.

tristan had been traveling all summer with his parents, so this was the first time that the two had seen each other for the first time in a couple of months.

the two teenagers decided to meet up for lunch, like they always did the previous school year to compare their schedules and malorie was in disarray to find out that they had no classes together. at least for the first semester.

"this is ridiculous." malorie complains.

"i know. who the hell am i gonna cheat off of now?" tristan jokes, to lighten the mood. he didn't want to admit it, but classes without his best friend were pure hell. other guys at chilton were immature and annoying while the girls at chilton always seemed to be swooning over him, which he pretended to enjoy, but deep down he hated.

malorie rolls her eyes with a smile on her face as she digs her hands into the bag of chips that she had bought for herself.

tristan and malorie continued to talk throughout their lunch break, catching up on anything they didn't mention during their phone calls over the summer.

"hey, i've got something for you." tristan announces, standing up from the bench.

"oh yeah?"

"yeah, but we've gotta be quick, lunch is almost over." he answers, extending his hand out for the girl to get up.

"so any hints?" malorie asked, with a mischievous smile, as they walk through the hallways.

"we're almost at my locker." tristan scoffs.

as the two approached the boy's locker, malorie crossed her arms. "okay, hurry up and tell me."

"you have the patience of a child." tristan says, rolling his eyes, as he dials the code into the lock and opening it. "so remember when i called you from stockholm?"

"yes, abba land." malorie laughs.

"there were a bunch of stands along the city and i stumbled into one and found this." he says, pulling out a large vinyl from his locker.

malorie gasps, pulling the gift from his hands, "a vinyl of 'arrival' by abba?"

"and it's signed." he points.

"tristan!" she squeals, quickly throwing her arms around the neck of the boy. "oh, i could i kiss you right about now."

"don't" tristan laughs awkwardly, returning the hug.

the girl had yelled so loudly, that she had caught the attention of everyone in the hallway, but she couldn't seem to care less.

"i owe you big time, y'know."

"i'm glad you said that." tristan smirks, taking a small pause, "you and me, at the theaters after school."

malorie frowns, "i can't, i'm going shopping with melodie."

"that's fine, i'll come with." he smiles.

"tristan..."

"what?"

"aren't your parents arriving this afternoon?" she asks.

"gee, was that today?" he questions sarcastically, playfully scratching the back of his head. malorie knew that tristan and his parents never had the best relationship. she could never understand why, but she figured it wasn't really her business.

malorie leans against the cold, metal lockers as she speaks, "come on tristan, is having dinner with your parents, that bad?"

tristan's entertained smile fades as he looks away. he opens his mouth to answer, but quickly closes it again.

"how about, tonight you have dinner with your parents and tomorrow, we'll hang out. deal?

"deal."

malorie grins, before hearing the bell ring, signaling lunch was over.

"i'll see you around lori." tristan says while closing his locker.

"thanks for the vinyl." she replies.

tristan forces a smile instead of replying, before turning around and walking away. malorie couldn't help but notice how the simple mention of his parents had ruined his mood, and she silently prayed that she hadn't ruined his day.

.•° ✿ °•.

"hey. juicy couture, cool or nah?" melodie asks, holding up a purple tracksuit. malorie looks over and shrugs.

"you could pull it off." she answers dismally. melodie sighs dramatically before putting the tracksuit back on it's rack. the sisters were at their favorite store, american eagle, mindlessly browsing through the clothes section.

malorie had high hopes for the afternoon, but the fact that tristan was unhappy with having to stay home with his parents had put malorie in a bad mood.

"you know, i invited you to go shopping to make your first day a little more enjoyable." melodie comments, as she continues looking through the racks.

"i know, i'm sorry."

"i just thought that- i don't know. is this about rory? is that why you're upset?" she finally asks, as she faces her sister.

malorie turns around, "what? no. i didn't even run into her today."

"then what is it?"

malorie bites her lower lip, she didn't know why she was so worried about tristan. i mean, even if he and his parents didn't get along well, one dinner shouldn't be that bad. he's a tough guy, he should be able handle it. at least that's what malorie thought.

"just a stressful day." malorie lies, forcing a smile.

"aw sorry, mal," she frowns, "wanna talk about it?"

"nope. i'd rather shop my worries away." malorie smiles.

"gee, you really are my sister." melodie laughs, linking arms with her sister, before walking into another area of the store.