7: I'm feeling devious

(Okay so this won't be part of the main story for a while, but I'll create a storyline for Anathema, Maggie, Nina, Muriel and Newt. Why? Hah. Just because I can.)

Anathema:

The four of them drank quite a lot after Aziraphale found them.

Anathema originally planned to just do what the prophecy wanted her to do, but she decided staying and drinking a bit couldn't harm anyone.

They must've fell asleep at some point, because when Anathema woke up, she laid comfortably between Nina and Maggie.

She was the first to wake up and decided to enjoy laying there in the quiet for a while.

Despite having a terrible headache, she still felt that the day could turn out pretty good.

But her peace and calm was interrupted by a phone call. Coming from her phone.

She immediately grabbed it and turned it silent, sighing in relief when she saw that neither the two of them, nor Muriel woke up, who fell asleep in the chair in front of the couch.

But when she saw it was Newt who called her, she decided to get up carefully.

While walking to the backroom, she called him back.

'Anathema?', he asked.

'Oh, yeah, hi. Both of the guys are already gone, right?'

'Yeah. Listen, where are you?'

She sighed. It was naive of her to assume she could just enjoy herself here while her fiancé was waiting in her cottage, wasn't it?

But as she thought about it, there were almost no prophecies regarding her or Newt's actions anymore.

There were a few about her and two about Newt, but she didn't understand any of them. Well, to be fair, she had less time to study those then the ones in Agnes' first book.

She decided to study those regarding the angel and demon more, those regarding her, she ignored more or less.

'I'm in Soho. I met some people regarding the prophesies and I'm staying a bit with them.'

There was a beat of silence.

'That's fine. Just call me when you know when you're gonna come back.'

Anathema nodded before realising he couldn't see her.

'Sure. Bye-bye.'

She hanged up and walked back to the shop itself, seeing Nina up.

'Oh, there you are!', she whisper-shouted. 'Care for a coffee at my shop?'

Anathema nodded, smiling.

They walked outside quietly, being glad not many people were awake already.

The two of them talked and laughed, crossing over the street and entering the coffee shop.

'So you're engaged thanks to a few hundred year old prophecy? That sounds like... such a happy to come marriage!'

They looked at each other and started laughing again. When Anathema regained her breath she answered.

'Oh, he's not so bad, really. He's bad with computers and a bit stupid, but he's a good guy.', she said, still amused.

'Was he your first relationship?', Nina asked, genuinely interested in what Anathema had to say.

'Oh, no, he wasn't. Thanks to Agnes, I had some experience.' She took the cup Nina gave her. 'You know, the more I talk about it, the more I realise that a witch that lived a few hundred years ago really did and does control my life.'

Nina chuckled, sipping from her coffee. 'Always just boys?'

'No, not at all. What about you? Has it always been Maggie?'

Nina looked at her, a bit embarrassed, a bit shocked. 'Oh, Maggie and I, we're not- we aren't a thing. Not yet at least.'

'But you would like to be?'

'Well, yeah. I mean, she's amazing and I just got out of a very toxic relationship, and I told her I'm not ready yet. But she's willing to wait until I am. And I hope she'll still be there when I am.'

Nina felt very strange too. Not only because she was pretty hungover from the night before, but also because she had the very strong feeling that she could absolutely trust this woman.

And Anathema smiled. 'That sounds nice. Glad you got out of that relationship.'

'Thanks.' Nina smiled back before her face fell. 'Shit, speaking of, she wanted to get her stuff today.'

Nina stood up in a hurry. 'I'll come back to the bookshop when I'm done.' She patted Anathema awkwardly on the head. 'Bye.'

And Anathema felt awkward too because she liked it.

After a few moments of enjoying the silence and coffee, she walked to the bookshop, noticing Maggie, who was awake too.

'Oh. Hi. D'you wanna come with me to my shop? I don't wanna wake them. They look so peaceful.', she whispered, gesturing towards Muriel, who was still asleep in the armchair.

Anathema nodded, handing her the coffee Nina made her. 'Not without a coffee.'

The two of them walked over to Maggie's shop, engaging in gentle conversation.

Anathema knew she shouldn't compare the two, but when she did, she figured that she liked both of them equally.

Nina was more straightforward, which she enjoyed, but Maggie seemed so calm and gentle, which she enjoyed too. Maybe that's why they're so harmonic.

Maggie opened the door and moved some records around. Anathema watched her, offering to help, but was rejected. (not as brutal as crowley, though.)

So they just talked and laughed and Anathema felt amazing.

It hadn't been long since she even met the two, but she had already grown rather fond of them.

Although as she continued talking to her, she couldn't not bring herself to think about a certain prophecy.

'And ye, dearest girl, shall feel more joyful then ever before [...]'

Maggie seemed to notice her thoughts drifting off for a moment. 'Anathema, dear? You okay?', she asked, carefully. She snaps back. 'Oh, I'm fine.', and Anathema smiles, genuinely.

After a while the three of them gathered in the bookshop again, finally waking Muriel and helping them figure out what to do in and with the bookshop.

As you could imagine, it turned out to be a rather pleasant evening, with the four of them unaware of a demon going up to Earth once again.

' [...] as the angel's trial by fire shapes destiny, a familiar celestial slumber hides in the shop, and the demon, gaining noble title, descends to Hell's ways again.'

- - -
GREETINGS.

sooo yeah. lesbians and those bisexuals, am i right?

vote if you enjoyed:)))