16: Goodbye- Wait, Yes! Interruption!

Aziraphale & Crowley:

Everybody sometimes just has the shittiest day they could imagine. Or, if you have even worse luck, a few shitty days in a row.

Crowley had shitty days. Not only because he was a demon, but also because apparently he was one with particular bad luck.

So after getting rejected by the angel he's been pining for  for over 6000 years, that particular angel returning with some story about how he wasn't really himself when he rejected Crowley, because in reality he loves him (which wasn't too bad, Crowley must admit), they made up & out.

But he couldn't think of worse beings that could possibly interrupt then Aziraphale's and Crowley's bosses.

After properly standing up and fixing hairstyles, the four of them stared at each other before Crowley said something, even if it wasn't helpful.

'Well, this is awkward.'

Aziraphale gave him a look from the side, saying something like 'Yeah, no fucking shit, Sherlock', but less vulgar.

(yo anybody watched bbc sherlock? i'm sure somebody here has. guess i can add that to the list of fandoms i've mentioned. name one fic that mentioned more fandoms on the side then me frfr.)

'I am the Supreme Archangel of Heaven. And like Gabriel before me, I too fell in love with someone on the opposite side. Except I'm not a hypocrite, because I never openly said it was wrong to do so.'

After earning a sceptic side glance from Crowley, Aziraphale added: 'Well, at least not officially.'

'That doesn't mean it's less wrong.', Shax said.

'Gabriel got away with it.', Crowley barged in, fully aware that whatever he would say wouldn't actually do anything against any form of punishment.

'Gabriel and Beelzebub went off to Alpha Centurai. And our new Supreme Archangel decided it's not necessary to look for them.', the Metatron answered.

'Well, with all that said, I think it's obvious that the two of them don't have their positions anymore, wouldn't you agree?', Shax said, turning her back to the two and pulling the Metatron with her.

He nodded. 'What else? Killing didn't work out last time, or so I heard.'

Shax gestured awkwardly. 'Heard about it, wasn't there at that time, though. What would you suggest we do?'

'I think we could do it just like Gabriel and Beelzebub before us.'

That earned a well-deserved disgusted look from Shax, after which the Metatron clarified, 'Your side does whatever with Aziraphale and we get Crowley.'

Shax turned to face Aziraphale and Crowley, who waved and grinned awkwardly. She turned back. 'I feel like I have the worse side of the deal.'

The Metatron gave her a look. 'You want to keep Crowley?'

She thought for a second. 'Touché.'

After a short pause, she added: 'I can't help but feel that we look exactly like Gabriel and Beelzebub on Armageddon, holding their secret meeting.'

She once again earned a disapproving look. 'I sincerely hope not.', he said with an exaggerated smile.

They turned around, facing Aziraphale and Crowley, who seemed to grow more nervous with every passing second.