013

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓

𝗜 𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗟𝗟 𝗗𝗢

chapter thirteen:but I should probably stopinstead of forcing a breakthrough,it's just that I'll always choose you !

chapter thirteen:
but I should probably stop
instead of forcing a breakthrough,
it's just that I'll always choose you !

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

SOUNDCHECK LASTED THE entirety of intermission, which was good for Quin,, apparently, but not for Violetta. She had missed her meeting with Athena and Ricky, which meant she couldn't tell them that she was leaving tonight. The thought of that made her want to kind of sink down into a hole in the floor and not come out for eternity — or maybe she was just being dramatic. Probably.

However, since act two started in approximately two minutes, Violetta didn't have time to even think about trying to round her best friends up and just telling them. Because they were the leads, and she was a dancer, and they had a show to put on. She quickly ran from the auditorium to the dressing room, still clad in her sparkly dress. Thankfully, mostly everyone was still wearing their prom outfits — besides Athena, who was wearing Gabriella's plum dress, and Ricky and Jet, who were doing The Boys Are Back.

"I'm back," Violetta announced, slightly out of breath. "Hey, guys."

Athena, who had apparently been waiting for her, looked at her. "Vi."

"'Thena, I'm so sorry about not showing up. I—"

"You don't have to say anything." Athena offered her a smile, one that was small and seemed to be bittersweet. "I know."

Violetta froze for a moment — there was only one thing she could be alluding to, but how? "You know?"

"I do," Athena confirmed. "And words can't describe how happy I am for you. This new movie can change your life, and of course you're going to do it . . . even if it means leaving tonight. Go be a star for me, okay?" She then reached out and pulled Violetta into a tight hug. "I'm so proud of you, Vi."

She instantly hugged her best friend back just as tight, her chin resting on Athena's shoulder. This wasn't really the way she imagined telling Athena would go, just a quick conversation right before act two, yet here they were. She blinked back tears forming in her eyes. Her and Athena had been together for so long, she didn't know how she was supposed to do any of this without her. The thought of navigating New Zealand by herself, practically in another dimension because of time zones, was absolutely terrifying.

Violetta couldn't say goodbye to Athena. She couldn't say goodbye to the rest of her friends, she couldn't say goodbye to EJ. But she couldn't turn this movie down.