VII

When Suguru entered his bedroom, he was unprepared for what he would find inside.

"CONGRATULATIONS!!"

His two best friends jumped on his neck with such force that they nearly knocked him to the ground, and he had to hold on to the door frame to keep from tripping.

"Suguru is a special grade~!" You started to sing loudly as you jumped on top of his bed.

"A special grade boy~!" Satoru followed you with a totally different melody, but just as loud.

"What is he?!" You yelled pointing at Satoru.

"A special grade shaman!!" He responded while pacing frantically around the room.

Suguru was still at the entrance, looking with a contorted face as the sheets of his bed, which he always kept perfectly made, were falling on the floor and Satoru stepped on them with his shoes.

"What is he?!" You repeated breathlessly from laughter.

"A special grade moron!!" Satoru yelled looking at Suguru with a smirk knowing what his reaction would be.

Suguru jumped on top of him with the intention of hitting him, although with a smile on his lips.

You were only a few months into the second year, and he had already been promoted to the highest rank a shaman could receive, putting him on a par with Satoru. He had just been told the news, and he had no idea how you guys found out.

He was happy to share his progress with you, but you and Satoru were becoming an obnoxious duo.

Before Suguru could land a punch on him, Satoru vanished and reappeared jumping on the bed next to you, a skill he had only recently perfected. Taking advantage of the fact that Suguru had his back to you, you jumped on him with a laugh, and the two of you almost ended up on the ground again.

"Congratulations Suguru!!" You screamed into his ear, wrapping your arms around his neck too tightly.

"You are the worst."

He glanced at you and the smile you saw on his lips gave you a bad feeling. Sure enough, Suguru grabbed your legs tightly, so you couldn't escape, and he fell backward onto the bed, crushing you against the mattress with his full weight.

"Argh!!" You screamed as you could under him as the mattress kept moving with Satoru's jumps. "Help! I can't breathe!!"

"Aren't you abusing your power too soon?" Satoru asked.

"Huh?" Suguru turned to Satoru, finally letting go of you. His eyes widened when he saw that he was stepping on his bed in his street shoes. "Get down from there right now!!"

"Or what?" Satoru said with a laugh, ignoring his friend.

"What is bothering you, Suguru?" You asked in an innocent voice. You lifted your foot and casually stepped on the mattress as Suguru's eyes grew smaller. "This?"

Suguru grabbed a heavy textbook from the desk and threw it at you with all his might. He would have reached you for sure, but Satoru quickly grabbed your hand and you both vanished from there.

Your bodies appeared in the next room, and you covered your mouth with your hand to hold back a gag. Satoru was laughing out loud.

"This feeling is horrible." You murmured through your hand.

"You get used to it."

You heard a knock on the wall that led to Suguru's room, right where the head of his bed was. He must have been making the bed again. You turned to look at Satoru and, for no particular reason, you burst out laughing as you imagined the boy fixing the havoc of your presence. Tears welled up in your eyes.