Chapter Two

The earthquake shook the kingdom with a mighty fright, sending birds west and deer gallivanting, while in a cave not so far from the mine, a snoring ogre slept in his dark hollow. He had slept for nearly thirty years until the earthquake struck and a falling rock woke him up. He woke with an almighty roar. He took one look at the rock and threw it with all his might, the rock hit the wall and shattered into a million pieces. Darius sat on the edge of his bed; he was mad as well as tired. The sun was at its full peak, beaming its light into the cave, the light reflected off the treasure which decorated the hoarded cave, this sight put a smile on his face. All he loved was treasure, shiny things and magical objects, but the one thing he always wanted, and of course the rarest, was fairy dust. Its glittery complexion and power made his mouth water.

"I'm back! Time to finally get that magical dust." He said to himself as he chewed a loaf of stale bread.

After a minute, he stood seven feet tall from his bed, picking up his boned axe and stomped his way out the cave to the blinding new world. A world that has changed during his long sleep, although the only thing familiar was the sun, everything else had changed. His cave stood high, high enough to see the mine, so he headed that way with a snarling smile clenching his blood-stained weapon.

"Where is she?" Cried Lana

"The office?" Gee ran.

"This place is a dump, that quake sure did some damage." River sighed, his eyes wandering around the messy workshop.

The three found Annabella's office in ruins. The three bookcases which decorated her backwall had fallen over. Books, scrolls and ornaments covering the floor as well as covering Anna's desk. Annabella was nowhere to be seen, where was she? Was she at home? Safe? Or is she? The others screamed her name, while digging through the mess. Gee and River moved one of the bookshelves to find her buried underneath, clenching onto a sword. For a second, everyone frowned at one another as they saw the sword, but soon sprang into action, gently pulling her out. Lana checked her body for any broken bones or bleeding but luckily, she was perfectly fine.

"What is this, she's gripping onto it so tightly?" Asked Lana.

"Maybe a butter knife," Gee added, puzzled. The other two frowned at him.

"You idiot, don't you see she's found the Moon Sword!" River raised his voice as he couldn't believe his eyes, the other two looked astonished too.

"How?"

"I don't know but now she's found it, she's going to leave us." River said in a sad tone.

"That's right!" Everyone screamed.

"You're alive!" Lana shouted.

"Appears so," Anna chuckled as she sat up, grunting as she moved.

"How do you feel? What happened?" River kneeled, looking into her eyes.