Prologue: The Ancient World

{A/N: Hello, guys! I just want to say that this is purely made from imagination. I've taken references from Filipino Mythology to create this story. If you guys are wondering, this is a fan fiction crossover between Juan Dela Cruz and Highschool DxD. If you're wondering about Juan Dela Cruz, just Google it, and you'll see what it is.)

---- This chapter is written by Void-King ---

Earth, the birthplace of the Human Race, a highly intelligent sentient beings capable of achieving great feats.

Earth was a world where humans dominated society, but living amongst them were supernatural beings. They existed even before the human race evolved into what they are today.

Devils, angels, dragons, yokai, gods, and many more are real. They hid themselves from the human race because they are aware of the capabilities of humans.

The world of the supernatural is ruled by pantheons and many different mythologies such as Greek, Egyptian, and many more. They extended their reach to different parts of the Earth, ruling the land in secret.

But there is one place where even the gods have no knowledge of.

3,070 km from the Land of the Rising Sun, an archipelago isolated by a huge body of water lays 7,000 islands that belong to a single country known by the nickname "Pearl of the Orient."

A place known for its natural beauty and also a place that is full of mystery.

This place is the Philippines. This country existed long ago, and it is even mentioned in the Bible.

This land was ruled by Philippine pantheons with multiple gods, such as Bathala, the Supreme God of the Philippine Pantheon, Mayari, the Goddess of the Moon, Apolaki, the God of the Sun, just to name a few. They ruled this land for a long time, all to protect a secret that should never be known to the outside world.

If the supernatural world is afraid of the battle between the Red and White Dragon Emperors, the Philippine pantheons were only afraid of two things. The first is the awakening of two mythical beings known as Bakunawa and Minokawa, two cosmic entities feared even by the Infinity and the Apocalypse Dragon.

And the second thing they feared is the battle that will take place if these two mythical beings awaken from their slumber.

It is said that the world was once a beautiful place. The world possessed pure magical energy, seven moons, and only one continent.

But everything changed after those two awakened from their slumber. The Minokawa, a gigantic immortal bird said to live on the sun, its razor-sharp claws can cut anything, even the hardest steel or the most powerful barrier that could be cast. Its wings were said to be big enough to cover the entire world with its feathers.

On the opposite side was the Bakunawa, a serpent-like dragon said to be able to eat the entire moon.

In ancient times, it is said that the Bakunawa alone ate six of the seven moons, but there is more to it than just eating.

Long ago, these two beings clashed against each other. Their battle was so intense that it destroyed six of the seven moons of Earth. Its single continent was split into seven, and the magical energy that was on the Earth's surface depleted to almost nonexistent.

Their battle lasted for a whole month, and what was left of Earth was a scorching place depleted of life.

But as time passed by, this scorching place was able to recover. Although it wasn't the same as before, this new place was able to bring life back to the world.