CHAPTER 38

I woke up to find her absent from my side. It had been two days since I had been at her house. The routine I had settled into was quite ordinary, tending to her, making sure she ate, preparing meals, doing her laundry - it almost felt like I had taken on the role of a caretaker or spouse. Asawa for short.

Bumangon ako para tingnan ang cellphone ko. No messages from Charlotte pero maraming missed calls at texts galing kay Ma'am Vivien.

From: Miss Vien

Where are you?

You missed a call.

I'm worried. Answer my calls, please.

Frey, let's talk about this.
I'll make you understand.

Mag-usap tayo.

Freyja? Let's talk
Please

You missed a call.

It's been two days already.

I know you're in her place

If you want to know it all then talk to me

I'll explain

Don't do this.

Comeback here.

154 missed calls.

Ignoring what I read from the phone, inoff ko ang cellphone ko at inilapag sa table malapit sa lamp. Pagkatapos ay lumabas na ako para hanapin siya. Baka nagluto na naman si madam, ano na naman kaya ang ipapakain niya sakin.

Mas pipiliin ko pa siguro kumain ng dinuguan rather than eating her plain meals.

Nakarating ako sa kitchen na wala siya. Pumunta ako sa living room but she's not also there. Curiosity struck me, prompting me to venture beyond the confines of her mansion and explore the surroundings.

To my surprise, I stumbled upon her engaged in an activity outdoors - she was playing with a... dog?

I've remember this dog, hindi ako sure pero nakita ko na to.

Nakangiti akong nanonood lang sa kanya na nilalaruan ang aso. Clad in well-fitted khaki pants and a delicate white sweater, she emanated an aura of elegance. The ensemble showcased her fair complexion, illuminated by the gentle touch of the sun's warmth. In that moment, she seemed to radiate a subtle and enchanting glow. Isa talaga siyang dyosa. But one thing that makes me happy is that she's not in her feverish state anymore.

Patuloy lang ako sa panonood nang biglang tumingin sakin ang aso at tumahol. Anxiety overwhelmed me as the dog sprinted in my direction, potentially poised to attack or cause harm.

"Rest in peace, Freyja." I mentally said.

Petrified, I remained immobile, bracing myself for the impending encounter. However, my apprehension was swiftly replaced by surprise as the dog reached me and affectionately licked my arms, which I had instinctively covered in self-defense.

"Arf! Arf!" the dog barked, its tail wagging enthusiastically, as if to communicate its friendly intentions.

"Layla..!" sigaw niya. Mabilis itong lumapit sa aso.
She playfully brush the dogs hair habang halos kumawala na ang kaluluwa ko sa kaba.

I chuckled in disbelief, umayos ako ng tayo habang tinitingnan pa rin siya.

Sige isipin mo lang na wala ako dito. Nang mapansin kong nasa aso pa rin ang atensyon niya ay inikot ko ang mata ko at umalis na para magluto.