-'♡'-INTERSECTING LINES 1. (Rin's version!)

You and Rin are childhood friends. The both of you went through everything together, even the moment where Sae left him for good. After that day, he became someone that was less open towards other people, including you. Despite that, you still communicate with him because you don't want to lose the connection you built your whole life with him.

"Rin, look! They have my favourite perfume on sale!"
"...That's nice for you then."

He responds flatly, not knowing why you even brought him to this place. You just chuckle and roll your eyes at his display of attitude.

"C'monnn, you've really gotta buy one of these! They also sell masculine scents you know!" You say enthusiastically, trying to brighten up his current mood.

"I'm not really interested in these types of things.." He sighs, shaking his head. He only came because you spammed him with multiple messages that were basically just you begging for him to join you. You just let out a huff as you cross your arms.

"Since it's your first time here, how about we smell some colognes together and I'll let you pick one? I'll be the one paying for it," You propose the idea as you smile at him playfully. He just lowers his head down to meet your gaze and let out another sigh.

"Alright, I'll try."

2:38 PM.

"That was fun!"
"I guess it was."

The both of you walk out the store, Rin's hands carrying 2 bags and you walk out with only your phone and wallet in hand. You walk backwards while facing him, as you analyze the expression on his face.

Did he enjoy it?

As you continue looking at him and not the space in front of you, you accidentally bump into someone. Immediately, you apologize and the other person apologizes as well. As you look at the person in front of you, you see that the girl is looking at Rin, making eye contact, seemingly surprised.

"Rin?"
"Ariya?"

You scratch your head in confusion, not knowing who this person is.

"Wait, you guys know each other?" You ask, curious about their relationship. Rin didn't even say anything about this person, so you were confused as to why they looked at each other with wide eyes.

"To get to the point, me and Ariya used to be in a relationship." Rin answers your question bluntly, as the girl nods her head in agreement as she gives you a smile before turning her attention back to Rin.

Wait, what? Rin was in a relationship? Why didn't I know that?

"How have you been, Rin?"
"I'm doing good so far. What about you?"

As they start to converse with each other, you just stand there awkwardly, waiting for them to finish. You observe both of them, feeling like a third wheel for a quick moment. Out of boredom, you analyze Rin's face again, and he looks a bit...happier than usual? They continue catching up with each other as you can feel yourself slowly fade into the background.

You tap your foot impatiently and let out a sigh, straightening your posture as you wait..and.. wait, what?

As they say their goodbyes, Ariya suddenly hugs Rin with a smile on her face, "Thanks for letting me talk to you. I thought you would hate me for breaking up with you, but I guess I thought wrong."

".. It's fine really. It was nice talking to you." Rin replies, a small blush and smile decorating his features. Rin never smiled nor blushed at you before, but then this girl did it in less than a second.

You felt your heart twist a bit, but you try to keep a calm composure as you watch the two of them as thoughts plague your mind.

'They're exes right?'
'I had never seen Rin flash a smile at this age.'
'He's blushing too?'
'When is this hug going to end?'