-'♡'-INTERSECTING LINES 2. (Rin's version!) COMFORT ENDING.

—————————————

As you were making your way back to your apartment with a gloomy expression on your face, your mind only revolved around one person, which was Rin. Of course it was him, who else would it be? He was and still is the one your heart yearns for, but this time, he is the one your heart aches for.

You thought things were going smoothly on your end, thinking that both of you would be together eventually and you'd have the courage to tell him everything you've kept hidden from him in the deepest parts of your very being. Then he just had to go back to his ex..Well, you couldn't blame him. You promised to support him in every decision that he made, even if they had bad outcomes.

But in this decision, you were unsure whether to support him or not. As selfish as it sounded, you wanted to be the cause of his happiness. You were there for him from the start, why did Ariya get to him first? Why did he fall in love with her first?

I was the first.

I was the first to love you.

You curse under your breath, clenching your fists. Your chest swirled with envy and misery as your mind wasn't giving you any chances to brush it off. As difficult as it was, you needed to get a hold of yourself before you started to become vulnerable. You take a deep breath, letting out a sigh. You attempted to shift your mindset, hoping that the haunting feeling would end.

As long as he's happy, then I am too.

You can't really change his mind on that, can you?

You feel helpless.

You keep walking to your apartment, head facing downwards while looking at the patterns of the cement on the sidewalk. You were taking your time as you forced yourself to be okay with it, biting the inside of your cheek to stop yourself from crumbling right then and there.

Just as you started to relax a bit, you felt something cold drop to your hand.

Was it starting to rain?..

You grumble, feeling slightly irritated as one droplet comes after the other. You reach into your bag, scurrying to find your umbrella, only to find out that you left it at home because you were in a rush.

Great, just great.

You feel even more annoyed at yourself as your brain started thinking about him again. The only sounds that filled your ears were the gentle yet harsh impact of the raindrops pouring down. It felt like the sky was mocking you, setting up the mood to make yourself feel even more gloomy. Each raindrop felt like a push to your limit, as it started to rain a bit harder compared to before. You continue walking, not caring if you get sick the day after.

With each step you took, you felt like you were carrying something heavy over your shoulders. And before you know it, another droplet fell to the ground.

This time, it wasn't from the clouded sky.

You lose your composure, droplets starting to fall from your eyes as you cry with the rain. You might've felt like the sky was mocking you earlier, but now you understand that it was trying to become one with you, one with your innermost desires. You knew you were lying to yourself, and you couldn't handle it anymore.

Yes, you're jealous.

Yes, you wished it was you instead of her.

And yes, it hurt. It fucking hurt.

You wept silently, your figure shaking as you finally accepted how you felt, not being able to control it now that it came out. As you were having a moment to yourself, a familiar voice calls your name out from behind you.