Chapter Seven

Alyssa heard Elijah get into bed from his bedroom across the hall and turn off the light. A few minutes went by before she stood from the bed she slept in, she crept towards the window and quietly opened it before climbing out the window. She closed the window slowly and softly, making sure not to make a sound.

She stood there for a moment, feeling the wind start to pick up as it started to rain roughly. It was strange to Alyssa that hell had the same weather that earth did but it seemed to mostly always be hot. The outfit she was wearing was the one she had on when she first came to hell.

She slowly walked on the roof before getting on all fours and crawling to the lower side of the roof. She hung her legs off the edge of the roof and looked down seeing a black rose bush. She knew the rose bush would break her fall, with only a couple of cuts and bruises as trade off.

She sighed heavily and closed her eyes mentally weighing the pros and cons, quickly coming to a decision. She stood up taking another deep breath before she jumped.

She let out a gasp of pain as the sharp thorns dragged into her skin making it bleed, she slowly stood up and carefully stepped out the bush as she picked out the thorns from her skin. She backed away and looked up at the house she grew to hate, nothing ever good came from staying in hell and she was more than ready to get back to earth.

She turned around letting out a scared yelp as she saw Lucifer in front of her before stuttering out. "I th-thought you w-were-asleep." Alyssa stuttered out,

he smirked evilly and crossed his arms.

"You know what they say about letting the wicked and twisted rest, if they let the wicked and twisted rest, they catch their prey a lot faster. I may have been born at night but it sure as hell wasn't last night. So I'm feeling quite devilish tonight. I'm gonna count to three then I'm going to chase you through the woods."He points to the woods that are around them then continues. "And I hunt you like you're prey cause let's face it sweetheart, you are prey to me. Then once I catch you, make no mistake I will catch you. I'm gonna drag you back here kicking and screaming. One…two… three."

As soon as the words left Elijah's mouth, Alyssa took off running, he watched as she entered the woods and waited five seconds then started running after her.

Alyssa could hear her heart beat fast as she ran, as well as hearing her feet smack against the wet ground as rain fell on her. She heard Elijah's footsteps before she heard him let out a chuckle.

"Run as fast as you can, little mouse, the cat will always catch his dinner." He called out in a teasing manner from behind her.

Alyssa wasn't sure how long she had been running, it could have been minutes or it could have been hours she wasn't sure. She stopped to take a small break, leaning her back against the tree. She breathed deeply trying to calm her racing heart. She didn't hear Elijah's footsteps at all and she hoped he gave up.  Immediately a scream tore out of her throat as Elijah unexpectedly jumped down from a tree, he gave her a smirk

"oh, i do love a round of the most dangerous game, then again you are the most endangered." He said in a cocky tone.

Alyssa caught movement in the shadows behind Elijah. Alyssa realized the movement was a person and the person had a shovel in their hand.

Alyssa watched with confusion in her eyes as the person started making their way closer to Elijah. She stared at the person as they placed their second hand on the shovel, making sure to tighten their grip before swinging the shovel up and over their shoulder. Within an instant the shovel made contact with Elijah.

Alyssa let out a soft gasp as her body was paralyzed with shock. Alyssa heard him let out a scream of agony before his eyes rolled to the back of his head as he took a few wobbly steps before falling face first onto the ground.

Alyssa watched as the person stepped out from the shadows, she realized the person was a female, she had red hair red with black highlights and hazel eyes. Alyssa watched as the female looked down at Elijah before looking at her.

"You okay? I heard you scream and grabbed the shovel and ran here. My name is Bree by the way."

Alyssa took a deep breath trying not to cry in fear and frustration. "I can't believe you just did that! Do you have any idea who you just knocked out cold? You just knocked out Elijah who's also known as the prince of hell! with a shovel in case you've forgotten?!" She snapped at Bree before they both heard a groan, Alyssa looked down seeing Elijah start to wake up. Bree crossed her arms.

"I don't have to answer your questions.” Bree said. “Now can you follow me and I'll keep you safe the best I can or, you can stay with him.” The woman known as Breee said with annoyance in her voice. “By the way when someone gives you their name, the nice thing to do is give them your name in return."

Alyssa wanted to reply but before she could even open her mouth she heard another groan coming from Elijah, he slowly began to sit up rubbing his head.

"Why does my head hurt?" Elijah questioned them as he reached up, rubbing the back of his head.

Bree rolled her eyes "Cause you're a jackass who likes to chase women in the dark of night!" Bree half screamed before continuing in a normal talking tone. "I heard her scream so I grabbed a shovel and ran here, you were in front of her and she looked scared so I did what any person would do."

Elijah rolled his eyes "you don't know shit about us." He said as he got up, stumbling a few steps before looking at Alyssa before continuing his sentence.

"Let's go, I'll have a talk with you once we get home." He grabbed Alyssa's hand and walked in the direction of his mansion forcing Alyssa to walk behind him.

Alyssa heard a noise, almost like someone was cooking something in an open fire. She looked behind her to see Bree holding fire between her hands. ‘Wait, fire between her hands?!’ Alyssa thought to herself, with wide eyes as she stared at Bree. She watched as Bree looked at her as she held her palms out in front of her with the fire in them, pointing towards Alyssa and Elijah.

"Get down!" Bree screamed.

Alyssa yanked her hand out of Elijah's and dropped to the ground, ‘cause hello who wouldn't listen to the woman who had a fireball in her hands and wasn't screaming in pain from it?’ She thought to herself. She looked up just in time to see a ball of fire fly past her head hitting Elijah in the center of his back making him shout in agony yet again before falling to the ground.

Bree ran over and grabbed Alyssa's hand and began to pull her forward, not wasting any more time than they already have.

"We need to go now before he wakes up." Bree said before snapping her fingers making a portal appear. Bree stepped into the portal pulling Alyssa along.