Chapter Eight

Elijah woke up some time later, it could have been hours, days, weeks, months, years. He wasn't sure but as he sat up rubbing the back of his head hissing in pain as his fingers touched the spot where the shovel had hit him as his back felt like it was on fire and he couldn’t help but roll his eyes ‘you dumbass that’s because that crazy bitch hit you with fire’ he thought to himself. He realized he wasn't at home but instead was in the forest. Elijah looked around him, cussing to himself as he didn't see the mystery lady or Alyssa. Elijah slowly climbed to his feet, stumbling a few steps as he got dizzy before making his way home.

Elijah saw the mansion and couldn't help the sigh of relief that came out his mouth as he climbed the steps of the mansion, he opened the door to the place he calls his home before walking in. He closed the door softly and walked upstairs to his office. He sat in his office chair and sighed in defeat before pulling out his cell phone and dialed his father's number. He sighed as he placed the phone against his ear waiting for his father's voice, he only had to wait a few seconds before he heard his father's voice. "What is it Elijah? I'm kind of busy" Maxwell questioned his son, Elijah could hear the screams of souls that his father and mother collected over the years in the background.

Elijah sighed before speaking. "Alyssa is gone.” He said.

Maxwell was silent for a few moments. "What the hell do you mean, she's gone? How the hell are you so stupid that you lost a human girl, Elijah?!" Maxwell yelled.

Elijah leaned back in his chair rubbing his forehead feeling a headache come on. "Exactly like I said father, she's gone. She escaped, she climbed the roof and while yes I was there to stop her, I wanted to play a game of cat and mouse. What I wasn't expecting was someone to come up from behind me and hit me with a shovel then a fireball to the back." Elijah explained.

Maxwell sighed "Elijah, get that girl back. I don't care how you do it, just get that girl back. You know what will happen if you don’t!" His father snapped before hanging up.

Meanwhile Bree stepped out of the portal pulling Alyssa along as she did, they were now in a small hut, a hut Alyssa realized she lived in.

Alyssa looked around the small hut, to the right of her was a kitchen connected to the living room, to the left of her was the bedroom, it had a twin sized bed, a small table with a lamp on it, a dresser with a mirror connected to it and a bathroom.

She saw a bright light and heard a pop, she turned to face Bree, shading her face away from the light. she took her hand away as the bright light went away, she was confused as she saw Josie and not bree, Josie held her hands in front of her as Alyssa backed away from her as she snapped. "What the fuck is going on, Joise?! Why are you being so damn creepy? First with the random phone call then you being creepy at the dance by telling me a girl almost sweet as an angel shouldn't be with someone as evil as Elijah, then once he and I got home you pretend like you weren't even there, oh lets not forget right now, you pretending to be someone else, how the hell was you able to do that!"

The woman who she thought was Joise raised an eyebrow before she realized Alyssa thought she was another person and laughed softly. "Sweetheart, my name is not Josie, my name is Adalynn Louise Reid. The reason why I had to be Bree and not myself is because I am a part witch and part shapeshifter and just like every time in the human world when someone hates someone they send someone after that person to take care of said person. My mom was a witch but I never knew my dad. Now as far as this Josie person goes, I have no idea who she is. Who is she?" She questioned Alyssa.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. "She looks just like you and sounds ju-" Alyssa was cut off.

"Let me guess, just like me?" Adalynn said.

Alyssa nodded. "Yeah but you seem nice.” Alyssa said.

Adalynn smiled at her. "So what are you exactly? All kinds of monsters come here, so what are you? Also I ask you again, what is your name?" Adalynn questioned her.

Alyssa blushed as she realized while she was being rude to the woman she now realized wasn't Josie, she forgot to tell Adalynn her name, Alyssa smiled at her. "I'm actually not a monster at all. I'm human and my name is Alyssa. My parents made a deal with Elijah that if he made them pregnant with me then on my eighteenth birthday, he could come and take me away, I have been here two months." Alyssa said calmly like it was no big deal that she was taken from everything and everyone she loved, she watched as Adalynn's mouth fell open in shock.
“For someone who was sold to the devil, you're taking it like it's nothing.” Adalynn said in a confused manner.

Alyssa rolled her eyes. “Well yeah, it's a big deal but I didn't see the point in trying to run at the time, I'm not stupid I know he has powers and could have easily hurt my mother and father so why fight it?” Alyssa questioned.

Adalynn shook her head. “If it was me I wouldn't wanna go back, i mean why would you wanna go back to people that didn’t even put up a fight to save you?” Adalynn asked.

It had been two weeks since Adalynn had found Alyssa, Adalynn and Alyssa became friends within these two weeks. Alyssa was brought out of her thoughts as Adalynn walked over to her "Alright girly. I was thinking, I know you miss earth and your family, which I think is stupid, why would you miss people who sold you to the devil? Anyway I figured since you clearly wanna be back on earth, I'll take you myself." Adalynn said.

Alyssa teared up before she threw her arms around Adalynn hugging her. "Thank you so much!" She said.

Adalynn was shocked as she hugged back. "All I ask is you do me a favor in return. I can't tell you what it is but I can tell you, it will take everything in you to fight this evil, now let's get you back home." Adalynn said watching Alyssa lightly bounce on her feet from excitement, Adalynn snapped her fingers making a portal and grabbed Alyssa's hand before pulling Alyssa in, they soon stepped out of the portal and noticed it was pitch black dark around them, Adalynn put her hands in front of her closing her eyes focusing on growing fireball, she opened her eyes and looked at Alyssa. "Where are we?" Adalynn questioned looking around, seeing nothing but trees and grass.

Alyssa looked at her and threw her hands up in anger. "How in the hell should I know? You're the witch, shouldn't you know where we are? If I had to guess where we were, I would say a forest which means that the fireball you're holding will burn this whole place down, you need to put it out!" Alyssa snapped impatiently.

Adalynn rolled her eyes "I am a witch, not a GPS. Just because we have magic doesn't mean we don't make mistakes, we are humans too. Now I will not be putting this fire ball out as it is the only light we have so deal with it." Adalynn said calmly.

Alyssa threw her hands up in anger again before stomping off making Adalynn laugh softly before running after her to catch up. Alyssa and Adalynn finally managed to find their way out the forest, Alyssa realized they were only a few hours from her parents house.

She sighed softly in annoyance as they both began their journey to her parents house. Thirty minutes into their walk Alyssa’s legs were burning from the non-stop walking. “Ughhhh, You just had to zap us hours away from my parents house didn't you?” Alyssa said, already annoyed as she was freezing in the midnight air. Alyssa hated to admit it but she was already used to the weather in hell, warm and toasty.

“Hey now, I wouldn't complain if I were you.” Adalynn said in a threatening tone. “I got you this far, you should be grateful.” She said before letting her fireball die down and pulling her jacket off and offering it to Alyssa. “Here. Take this, it should help.”

Alyssa gave an apologetic smile and took the jacket from her hands quickly putting it on and wrapping it around her body tightly so no cold air could get in. “Thank you Adalynn.” Alyssa said grateful.

Adalynn nodded, accepting her apology, not saying another word as they kept walking. After another hour of walking they finally arrived at Alyssa's parents's home. Alyssa noticed the lights were off as she and Adalynn climbed the steps to the front porch, Alyssa took a deep breath before placing her hand on the door handle and turned it, opening it, turning around putting her finger to mouth to tell Adalynn not to make a sound.
.