A second chance

It was a clear day, not many clouds in the sky, and no sign of rain, people were walking back and forth, some going to school and others going to work. A boy of not very outstanding appearance, black hair, brown eyes, wearing a white shirt and black pants, with a height of 1.70 walked calmly down the street, until he stopped at a corner and leaned against a pole, opening his cell phone to see the time.

??? - "Where is he? he said he would be here by now..."

The boy who was there was named Geo, and he was waiting for a friend from college, both would meet to walk around and chat. After a few minutes waiting, his friend finally arrives there, along with a girl.

Boy - "Huff... hi! sorry for the delay... this one is kind of slow, so it slowed me down."

Girl - "Hey! I just stopped by to get some sunglasses!"

The girl elbows the boy making him back up a little, laughing and apologizing. Those two were Geo's friends, but the girl was an unexpected guest, since the Boy didn't say he would bring someone else, but ignoring that fact, the more the merrier, right? Well, after meeting each other, they start walking and talking, making small talk.

Boy - "Hey, did you see that series I recommended you? The one with the ghosts."

Geo - "Mhm, I looked it up, I thought the premise of two brothers going to exorcise ghosts was interesting."

Boy - "Yeah?! and there are people who are left with the wrong foot in this, it's so cool!"

Girl - "How can you see this? I'm not a big fan of ghost shows, to be honest..."

Boy - "Huh? what's the matter? are you scared or something?"

Girl - "Of course not! I'm just not really into this type of series... I prefer something more action, you know?"

Boy - "Yes yes, of course... scared"

Girl - "I'll slap you!"

The Boy starts to walk away looking at the girl, making fun of her, walking away even more without realizing where he's going. Geo is watching the two in their little fight, until he warns them both to be careful not to fall into a manhole, joking, but they didn't listen and go further away, Geo worried starts to follow them faster, until he realizes that the two idiots went to the street at a red light.

Geo - "Hey! you two! come back here!"

When they both notice Geo's voice, they are a little far from him, they go back to the place where he is outside the track, while Geo is approaching them too.

Until a crash of a car crashing ahead can be heard, Geo looks quickly to where the crash came from, he sees a runaway truck coming to the street that the two are at high speed, going to an apparently inevitable crash in the two young people. Geo without thinking twice, runs as fast as he can and pushes both of the way, making the Boy and the Girl go away from him and the place. Geo can only see his friends being pushed away from him, and the truck right next to him, feeling the painful crash and seeing a huge glare blinding his eyes.

Moments later, Geo due to the apparent hit is thrown back with great force, making him roll on the ground for a few moments. Geo, a bit dizzy, processes the situation and gets up desperately looking around, looking at where he was thrown, he sees a confused and strange scene, he sees the truck stopped, with his body there, in front being hit by the truck.

Geo - ". . . What the hell?"

Geo looks at himself and then at his other body repeatedly, very confused, he notices two more things, he is not feeling pain, and it seems that everything around him is frozen, as if time has stopped...