Chapter 38: The Eyeball Thief

May 2015

The next morning on the way to Omaha, Dean made a point of playing Bob Seger over the stereo. It caused Sam to mutter a "Seriously?" from the front seat.

"Glowworm here didn't know who Bob Seger was." Dean pointed out. Taking a glance at you through the rearview mirror before he turned the engine over.

"And you didn't know who Rowan Atkinson was... Sam, please tell me you've at least heard of Mr. Bean?" You asked Sam from the middle of the back seat.

Sam turned to Dean and huffed before he looked over his shoulder to you. "Yeah of course. I know both of them... But you seriously don't know Bob Seger? Dean plays him all the time..."

The real Night Moves was currently playing through the tape deck and the recoding of the song still didn't sound familiar to you. "Not when I've been in the car. I swear I hadn't heard this song until last night."

"Last night huh?... Do I want to know why you guys were talking about this song last night?" Sam asked wearily.

"Nope." Dean chuckled.

"Dude... That's still too much information..." Sam retorted.

Dean looked at his brother and grinned. "You asked... I didn't give you any details. Although, you know she asked me last night, whether you and I ever talk about our, night moves, with each other."

"What?" You and Sam both asked in unison. Although you assumed your question was entirely unrelated to each others. You had struggled to understand what the hell Dean had said. Sam on the other hand seemed uneasy by the question.

"You know. Do we ever share our hook up stories?" Dean reiterated.

Did he really have to tell Sam that? "Hang on! That's not actually what I meant..."  You piped up.

"What did you mean then?" Dean asked mockingly. "Are we speaking different languages now too?"

You shook your head and gave a frustrated reply. Your first words coming across strong to get your point across. "I meant, did you guys talk about relationship stuff in general. Not just your sexual conquests!"

Dean muttered your odd choice of phrase under his breath, while Sam chuckled at him and you. "Come on Glowworm. Have you ever actually held a conversation with my brother for longer than a minute?" Sam joked.

"Hey!" Dean spat back insulted.

"Well that just answers my question... You two might not talk to each other, but I've had long, conversations with both of you. Albeit separately." You chided. "The two of you might benefit from talking to each other occasionally.... Dean thinks you're secretly seeing someone... Did you know that Sam?... Discuss..." You placed a hand on each of their shoulders with you last statement, grinning in satisfaction.

"I already told you last night... There's no one...." Sam said defensively.

That response just caused Dean to scoff. "You're telling me you're still a virgin? After all this time?"

"Wait! What?!" You exclaimed. It was none of your business, sure, but that couldn't be right. Could it? Sam had had girlfriends before. Girlfriends he'd lived with. There was just no way he was a virgin.

The brothers then told you all about a case they'd done in Hartford, South Dakota, shortly before they'd met you. Saving you from doing a Google search, they purposely explained where on the map, the town was. It being near Sioux Falls and had fallen under Jody's jurisdiction at the time. They'd fought with a pagan god who was targeting a church group for people who were reclaiming and or, supposedly saving their virginity.