Chapter 45: Reunited

May 2015

You didn't know whether to answer it or not. No one besides the reception desk knew you were here, so who could possibly be calling?

Deciding to pick it up, you answered with a confused "Hello?"

And to your amazement, a familiar friendly voice sounded through your ears. "Glowworm ! You're alive!" Sam cried. "We, we've been looking everywhere for you!"

"Sam?!... How, how did you?... I was literally about to call you..." You muttered, still confused.

You heard him chuckle awkwardly on the other end of the line before a loud crackling sound made you pull the earpiece away from you. "Hang on. I'm just putting you on speaker." His voice called out, barely audible due to the distance you had placed the phone away from your ear. "Can you hear us okay?"

Us? Who was us? "Um. Yeah... I can hear you." You replied anxiously as you began to recognise the roar of Baby's engine in the background. "Who else is there?"

Sam was in the car and had put the call onto speaker which could mean only one thing. "Well..." he began.

"Hi sweetheart..." Dean's voice carried to your ears. "Are, ah, are you, okay?... Besides your scars, I mean?" Dean was there too, and surprisingly, lacking his usual confidence.

The way Dean had said sweetheart, was different too. Different from the old way he used it throughout your friendship and relationship. There was no anger to it like he'd used in front of Charlie's funeral pyre. And there was a variance to it from the very last time you'd heard it through his voice message.

"Hi..." You stuttered nervously. Your heart was thumping and it felt like it was threatening to burst out of your chest. "Yeah, I'm okay... What, about you? The, um, the mark..."

"It's gone." Dean confirmed.

Your eyes closed and you breathed a sigh of relief. "That's... That's great. Congratulations..." You mumbled. Was congratulations really the right sentiment?

"Yeah, thanks..." Dean's voice sounded like he was smiling, happy at least.

"So you two are together... But, what about Cass?"

"Cass is here too." Sam replied. "But you... Glowworm, where have you been? We tried calling your phone and..."

You cut him off on that before he could get any further. "It's, it's smashed... I, landed on it I guess..."

"Landed on..." You heard Sam begin. But just as you had done before, Dean also interrupted him.

"You ended up in the same place you were found right? On the side of the road?" Dean asked hoarsely. His voice sounded strange again but you couldn't pick up on which emotion was there.

"Yeah... About six hours ago, maybe longer, I don't know... I just, when I realised where I was, I decided my best option was to walk here, to Spearvillle. I took a guess and I ended up going the right way... Wait... How did you guys track me down?"

That's when Sam finally got to complete a full sentence again, explaining "I traced your credit card. I've had the software running in the background for the last few days and it alerted me when you used it at the Gas 'n' Sip, and then with the motel you're at. I called the front desk, the guy was a dick, but he patched me through to your room..."

"...Glowworm. Cass told us what happened, but it's been days since he set off the protection spell... We were starting to think maybe you'd been sent back to Australia, but we couldn't find you, not here, not there. We've tried multiple location spells but you weren't appearing anywhere.."