Chapter 2

Larissa's POV:

When we were told to pack and say our goodbyes, I rushed home with my parents and twin behind me.

I could here my brother complaining about how I was a rider instead of him. "It's not fair, I've been training for this my whole life" I could here Theo's loud voice from my room where I was packing and trying to stop myself from crying.

My mother nocked on my door before coming in, she took one look at my watering eyes and spoke "I came to see if you were packed".

I couldn't keep the tears back and started crying. "I don't want to go" I choked out through my sobs. My mother simply rolled her eyes "stop your crying Larissa. It doesn't matter if you want to go or not, you're still going" were my mother's words of comfort.

"Now do you have everything?" She asked, I nodded my head not trusting my voice.

"Good. Dry your eyes you look like a mess" she practically ordered me. "When you are ready come downstairs with your things" she continued before walking out leaving me alone.

I quickly dried my eyes and checked to see how red they were before powdering my face.

I grabbed my bag and walked downstairs. The first thing that caught my eye was my brother glaring at me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked, my question seemed to make him angrier. He yelled "because you became a rider instead of me" his words made me angry and I yelled right back at him "it's not like I asked to be a rider" he opened his mouth to argue but our father stood looking at us sternly before speaking "enough. Both of you".

"Larissa I hope you have everything you need" he said I nodded a yes. "Good. Now when you get to the academy I expect you to behave and get good grades, if you do anything to bring shame to this family, I will disown you" his words made me terrified.

Not long after my father's little 'speech' we left the house to go to the town square.

I wasn't paying too much attention to what the riders were saying. I was too focused on the beasts to really pay attention.

I was going to be flying with Marley on her dragon Cinder, the burnt orange dragon I had locked eyes with earlier.

I saw the other's getting hugs from their families and when I looked at mine my brother was still glaring at me, but my parents gave me a hug and my mother shed a few tears. I knew they were just for show and that she didn't really care for me.

Before I knew it we were flying, which terrified me so much I gripped on to the dragon's leg.

I could hear Marley chuckle at me and say something but I couldn't hear her over the wind that blocked out everything except the roars of the dragons.

◇°•《 TIME SKIP 》•°◇

We had been flying for about an hour and I was more than ready to get off this giant lizard with wings.

As we were flying through the clouds I saw it. The Academy.

It was beautiful, hidden away in a valley surrounded by mountains and a forest. The Academy stood in the middle of the valley and it was breathtaking.

The castle was made of a white stone and had many towers. The mountains surrounding the school had many caves and cliffs, which I assumed was home to many dragons.

From our height I could see the
whole valley and school including the training field and stables.

I finally noticed we were descending at a rapid pace, it took everything inside of me not to start screaming as the ground came closer.